Alex Song

Song has left Arsenal for FC Barcelona, who do you think Arsenal should get in/replace with Song to keep the team's defensive side together?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Song had the most assists for a central defensive mid last season.

Also, he was voted last season as Arsenals second best player, so that's the fans 2 favorites left, RVP and Song.

(This was sort of a continuous thread from the one about RVP)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsene must have something lined up. he knows the fans will be beeling. sahin is pretty much guaranteed to come in. I hope the fact mvila hasn't moved anywhere else is a sign he could come to arsenal.

it's rather annoying tbh. Giroud should have started today and should let Walcott go aswell tbh. the ox is ready to replace him :lol:

You think so? hm, he has got rid of both the players for attitude reasons apparently, he is amazing at making money for the club, but it seems actual management he is lacking right now.

We will see how this season progresses though, would be interesting to see who he may sign in replacement of Song, because he was a VERY strong player for Arsenal which some people do not realise.

i dont really think its wenger selling these players no chance he wouldve let rvp go to man u without a fight i hope he gets the money to spend possibly m'vila nuri sahin and maybe another attcking option i would get rid of walcott aswell as somebody already said ox is good enough to replace him

i dont really think its wenger selling these players no chance he wouldve let rvp go to man u without a fight i hope he gets the money to spend possibly m'vila nuri sahin and maybe another attcking option i would get rid of walcott aswell as somebody already said ox is good enough to replace him

Yes I agree, I reckon he may make one more signing. M'villa would be excellent for them, would be a good signing, he today said he would not be moving to Spurs, so yeah. I guess that could be a sign! Walcott is inconsistent, a good player but it seems like his play style can contrast from a great RM/Winger to a very average one.

No, he let him go, he didn't like his attitude (I think he didn't? may be getting mixed) but he almost welcomed him leaving he said, he expected it and as of why he purchased Giroud and Podolski to replace him. He is reluctant to sell players, but his biggest problem is selling them to competitors, would be alot better if it was foreign clubs, but then again, money talks, right?

Yes I agree, I reckon he may make one more signing. M'villa would be excellent for them, would be a good signing, he today said he would not be moving to Spurs, so yeah. I guess that could be a sign! Walcott is inconsistent, a good player but it seems like his play style can contrast from a great RM/Winger to a very average one.

yeah I think mvila will arrive. Walcott is a striker imo. hes a play on the last man striker but if there is no space he is absolutely piss poor. at least ox out right is unpredictable and explosive and can beat a man and cross even if there isnt that much space.

Whoever Wenger chooses, it's a very interesting time in the club, can go either way and is all up to the managers choice and ability. It will be interested to see how they place next season, but Wenger has been the manager for a long time, I'm sure he will pull something out his sleeve.

Would love Arsenal to challenge for the EPL but in order to do that you need to spend a fortune, and even then it's not guaranteed. He's doing a great job in qualifying for CL every year without spending huge amounts, but he must have an ambition to win a trophy??

Exactly, there's such a big gap from Arsenal to Man city/Man u and what players they have brought in, well on paper atleast, may pan out differently. Yeah, he seems more like a banker than a manager in the way he handles the money, but again with this money he has gotten from RVP and Song he must put it to good use.