Nimmo Smith denies bias, then has a dig at Rangers

OlegKuznetsov

In my reading of the legal text,Lord Nimmo Smith said the Rangers football team were basically perpetual but he was concerned with the 'holding' companies,hence the use of 'Oldco' and 'Newco'.If he is concerned with the management of said companies and the football team is/was a seperate entity and won the titles on the pitch and not the boardroom then how does he have the right to strip anything? :cgreen:

Good point.

Aha! There were two panels. The original and the appeal one. Lord Carloway was in one. Nimmo Smith the other.

Nice try, but no cigar, micky.

You were so keen to make your criticism, but unfortunately, it was all "bollocks because you couldn't be arsed checking one simple fact", as someone recently said. :D

Now isn't there an internet colloquialism for that? Hmmmm.

:mutley:

Hi Oleg, you know what I was going to apologise and hold my hands up that I must have been wrong, but then I read the article on your link, which you edited out of your re-quote: -

"Lord Nimmo Smith's inquiry on behalf of the SFA into the takeover of Rangers by Craig Whyte found that he was not a fit and proper person to be involved in Scottish football.

Subsequently, an independent SFA judicial panel imposed fines and a 12-month transfer embargo on Rangers for bringing the game into disrepute in the period that followed Whyte's May 2011 takeover for non-payment of taxes and for not paying money owed to member clubs.

Rangers' appeal against the ban was unsuccessful, with Lord Carloway approving the original decision, but they won their appeal at the Court of Session."

Nimmo Smith wasn't on a panel, he led an inquiry into Whyte, then there was a separate panel deciding on evidence provided, which gave the infamous transfer ban, which was upheld by Lord Carloway's appeal tribunal, which was sent back to him by the Court's Lord Glennie as it wasn't within the rules.

If you are going to make statements of fact take a second to check your facts - making wrong statements makes the Rangers support look idiotic and prejudiced.

There are many reasons to complain about the Nimmo Smith tribunal, but starting with something he didn't do makes any subsequent comment have very dodgy ground.

You might as well have said that the SFL enquiry into Rangers EBT's is biased because they have already pre-judged us when they tried to get Green to sign up to title stripping.

But wait a minute that was the SPL, not the SFL wasn't it? Slight changes in facts changes the point of the article. Get the facts right from the start and the rest of your comments can be read, understood and agreed with. Get it wrong and why bother reading the rest of the post as it is just a one-eyed, non-factual comment.

I usually look forward to reading your stuff, but in future I guess I'm going to have to check your facts before I get invested in the text.

Why do my threads constantly draw timmy out into the open?

Put a Light Blue fly on the hook and cast your line.

It works without fail, you will see them in time.

The Light Blue obsession fly gets the most bites by far.

And they will rise to it constantly, we know who they are.

I feel a little sorry (not really) for the green and grey hooped fish of the east.

It just can't resist the Light Blue fly, it thinks it's time to feast.

But the Light Blue fly will not have it, it wants to live on.

It's future generations need to hear it's long sung song.

Further on and through the ages it will fly.

Simply because it loves the Rangers. That is why.

Aha! There were two panels. The original and the appeal one. Lord Carloway was in one. Nimmo Smith the other.

Nice try, but no cigar, micky.

You were so keen to make your criticism, but unfortunately, it was all "bollocks because you couldn't be arsed checking one simple fact", as someone recently said. :D

Now isn't there an internet colloquialism for that? Hmmmm.

repped for making me google colloquialism

There will be no surprise from this prick after he compared the EBT situation to "match fixing".If somebody from the Oldco has a document or can at least hand in a statement that the EBT's were declared to the league each year and prove complacency by the SPL then the pricks will have to drop the case. :sherlock: