Rangers 1872-2008 Results – Statistics Book

The Book won’t now go ahead!

I’ve been advised by a Lawyer friend of mine that (even though the facts/stats are ‘Public Domain’) because I’ve openly acknowledged one of my main sources for the File - any ‘Proceeds’ obtained could be ‘claimed back’ in a Court! This would mean that – although my ‘take’ on the book’s monies would’ve gone to the R.S.T. – the money could be taken from me personally! Therefore the file won’t make it to the bookshops.

I could start ‘from scratch’ again (I’ve done it once before) using just my book layout, while keeping a strict record of my research details (Newspapers/Microfilm etc) apparently that’d keep things ‘Kosher’ but this project was / is primarily about my own amusement so that won’t happen!

Apologies if I’ve raised any hopes or mislead Bears – It’s looking so good, and I was really looking forward to presenting it! :(

I can’t (without getting pissed off) make the new File available (with the new inclusions / book layout / formulae etc) on the savefile site, knowing that someone can (AND I’M TOLD WILL), use it (solely for the pursuit of profit) and, as I’ve been informed, be completely powerless to stop them!

THERE’S NO REAL POINT IN UPDATING THIS FILE WHEN I WON’T IMPROVE IT!! Since it’s the seasons end, I’ll update it for the last time after the match at Sheep City (without the additions / improvements) you’ll find a link on this website. http://www.rangersmedia.com/stats.html It takes an eternity to download, so be patient – it’ll likely be there until next season starts (at which time I’ll take it off the site) so plenty of time to download it.

For me this project wasn’t about the pursuit of money (greed) – it was about creating something that I and every Rangers fan would enjoy browsing through! It was also a way of (at a deeper level) trying to combine two of my loves: Rangers & Communism (planting a seed – Bears before profit). Naïve… Probably!

TBH – it would’ve been nice seeing my name in the initial book too!

WATP

AHWNN

Really to sorry to hear that mate - the book was a great idea and would have proved a great resource for every bear interested in our history.

Hopefully you can think of an alternative as I know just how much hard work has went into your file/research. All the best!

Really to sorry to hear that mate - the book was a great idea and would have proved a great resource for every bear interested in our history.

Hopefully you can think of an alternative as I know just how much hard work has went into your file/research. All the best!

That's me just updated it for the last time! :(

Cheers Frankie (beer2) - and good luck with the website, last time i visited it it was down - hopefully all is well! :pipeguy:

bad news AHWNN, you have a wealth of knowledge and its not being allowed to be utilised for the greater benefit of our fans :(

I wouln't go that far Coop - just copied stuff from various books, websites etc! It was just an amusing wee exercise for me that's all!

Liked that Swimming/Drowning thing you dug up - will give it more thought later! (tu)

I wouln't go that far Coop - just copied stuff from various books, websites etc! It was just an amusing wee exercise for me that's all!

Liked that Swimming/Drowning thing you dug up - will give it more thought later! (tu)

tu

• 1 month later...

Just looked at the download count and it's 3651 on that site alone!!

I'm very proud of this Spreadsheet - i'll maybe not delete it from the site? As long as Bears/Bearettes are still taking it in numbers then i guess it must be popular!!

Would love to keep it up to date - but the improvements i've added (every teams results - from every season and a couple of other features) would just help the money lovers and even Celtic Fans!

I'm glad it went down so well!! :pipegreen:

I'm very proud of this Spreadsheet - i'll maybe not delete it from the site? As long as Bears/Bearettes are still taking it in numbers then i guess it must be popular!!

Would love to keep it up to date - but the improvements i've added (every teams results - from every season and a couple of other features) would just help the money lovers and even Celtic Fans!

Keep it!

Sorry to here of your troubles with this project.

BTW...I think I've found an error. It says PLG was sacked. ;)

:lol:

I've actually spotted a glaring error (i cannot believe it!!!) in the latter pages i've got at the top of a page that it was a CELTIC NTH TREBLE when it was one on... I guess the copying and pasting does have it's drawbacks... :craphead:

Did you spot that one? doh

• 4 weeks later...

:lol:

I've actually spotted a glaring error (i cannot believe it!!!) in the latter pages i've got at the top of a page that it was a CELTIC NTH TREBLE when it was one on... I guess the copying and pasting does have it's drawbacks... :craphead:

Did you spot that one? doh

No I didn't spot that you naughty boy ;)

(Sorry I've been so long in answering doh!)

• 3 weeks later...