Unfairly criticised,Rangers are the victims,not the perpetrators,of sectarianism

OlegKuznetsov

So, what do you think is the motivation behind this hatred, in your opinionated opinion? Is it solely because of our success?

No, not solely, but I imagine it plays the biggest part.

It's human nature to rejoice in the bigger guy getting taken down, it's why the underdog is so often rooted for.

Sheer blind jealousy drove most of the bile towards us.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The internet mob and the media feeding frenzy have seen a period during which any accusation against Rangers or their fans is almost automatically accepted as proven. The propaganda of internet bampots somehow makes its way, invariably only mildly diluted, into the media, whether that be tabloids, broadsheets, television news or radio broadcasts.

Venom and vitriol, rarely backed by valid facts and logic, are the default settings for any media production that focuses on the club. Falsely accused of the standard buzzwords, Rangers and their fans could be forgiven for growing weary of the battle. Rolling over and dying may be the preferred outcome for many of our critics and bigoted haters.

Unprecedented and unjustified new sanctions are invented and applied as fully justified. Any dissension is ignored, quashed, dismissed and ignored. Full punishment is demanded and granted. All of a sudden the punishment is deemed no longer a punishment, but merely a consequence of " the rules"- the rules which have just been inevitably recently changed or ignored or reinterpreted to cause Rangers harm.

However, Rangers and their fans have clung firmly to their history and their right to defend themselves. Facts continually vindicate the Rangers family, leaving some backtracking and revising their own social media contributions.

So how can such a mob mentality take hold of so many media players and their mentalities? Are they somehow in thrall to this new form of sectarianism, where Rangers and their fans are constantly the unjustly vilified focus of an attempt at besmirching their name or perhaps even a campaign to exterminate the club. This can easily be labelled "cultural ethnic cleansing" where in the this brave, new "one Scotland", one culture is never accepted as part of "many cultures".

Charles Green, when asked on the opening day of the season on what he thought was the motivation for Rangers' harsh treatment, correctly asserted that bigotry and hatred were among those chief factors. Immediately the media, who never even noticed the sectarian remarks of Dr, Lord and now Barron Reid of Cardowan at two recent official club AGMs as Chairman of Celtic, rose almost as one to attack him. His outsider's take on events was also not acceptable in this "one Scotland's many cultures".

It wouldn't be so bad if it stopped with the media, but the SFA, the game's governing body, also felt it was unacceptable for a Rangers CEO to honestly respond to a valid question and that such free speech was "bringing the game into disrepute.

Ally McCoist also found out that love of your club, and passion in defending it, are unacceptable in modern Scotland, where other managers are allowed to aggressively violate others' personal spacing with face to face "squaring up" body language.

So is it really a wonder that even some independent people outside the Rangers family are now thinking that Rangers are more the victims and not the perpetrators of sectarianism? Sometimes the truth takes a while to be dripped into public debate. We can only hope that the floodgates are indeed beginning to open.

I would agree to an extent.The celtic-minded,totally based on religious hatred.

As for the others,jealousy and a chance to kick the big boy when he's down.

Attention seeking, look at me.

Yes attention seeking. Please, since you claim Im.attention seeking, explain the differences between a religion and a cult and also given the thread topic explain why cult was the wrong synonym to use for this particular strand of Christianity.

Who gains politically from killing us? Culturally? If it was religious where was the same venom towards.hearts? Aren't they the perceived proddie team in Edinburgh?

Lots of people stand to gain.

Especialy that other lot.

Hearts and their fan base are nowhere near a threat to them .And the very fact that not one politician except that MP has spoken about this says it all really.

Sturgeon should have got involved long ago its her local football club.

But no cant do that they would lose the septic minded vote for inde.

Shocking

Some of our alledged gans are the worse and really need to get a grip of this whole situation.

They tried every thing to kill us and yet some of you still cannot see the motives behind it all.

Religion , power ,money ,Ego, all of these factors came in to it.

If you cant see that then i am at a loss .

No one should go unchallenged in the Defence of my club, faith, culture or Traditions .All of it has taken enough of a battering.Even from some inside our Fanbase.

Lots of people stand to gain.

Especialy that other lot.

Hearts and their fan base are nowhere near a threat to them .And the very fact that not one politician except that MP has spoken about this says it all really.

Sturgeon should have got involved long ago its her local football club.

But no cant do that they would lose the septic minded vote for inde.

Shocking

Didn't the Prime Minister speak about it?

Surely if its down to religion then Hearts ARE a threat. They are the same Presbyterian as Rangers.

Do you rhink taigs would vote for the union idlf the SNP helped us? And I was called deluded.

Yes attention seeking. Please, since you claim Im.attention seeking, explain the differences between a religion and a cult and also given the thread topic explain why cult was the wrong synonym to use for this particular strand of Christianity.

The thread is Rangers the victims, not the perpretrators of sectarianism.

Youre right in one respect, that every other fan of every other team is not run by catholics but these same fans have been drip-fed media propaganda about the big bad cheating Rangers and their big bad bigoted anti catholic fanbase.

If you think the hatred of my club is purely jealousy & greed and not religiously or culturely motivated then youve been living on the moon.

The thread is Rangers the victims, not the perpretrators of sectarianism.

Youre right in one respect, that every other fan of every other team is not run by catholics but these same fans have been drip-fed media propaganda about the big bad cheating Rangers and their big bad bigoted anti catholic fanbase.

If you think the hatred of my club is purely jealousy & greed and not religiously or culturely motivated then youve been living on the moon.

So do Rangers supporting Presbyterians have a stronger resistance to media spin than other Presbyterians?

Didn't the Prime Minister speak about it?

Surely if its down to religion then Hearts ARE a threat. They are the same Presbyterian as Rangers.

Do you rhink taigs would vote for the union idlf the SNP helped us? And I was called deluded.

This is a West of Scotland thing comes from the Irish Immigrant victim minded settlers in Glasgow.

Thats the Battleground , I dont know where you come from orriginally but I had to endure their vile ideas ,and their Bigoted Hatred of everything I stood for in my own Country.

I will fight and speak up against the lies that ommits from their (Cult as you put it) till the day I die.

No more appeasing, and no more accepting the drip feed of lies out of their mouths.

They have all been found out.

It's true though. A religion is a cult without the negative connotations of the word 'cult'

True enough I suppose :)

But my point was why you used a term to desribe some Ranger's supporters which you admit has negative connotations?

I still say your in a bad mood and imploded when you seen the word faith :lol:

No, not solely, but I imagine it plays the biggest part.

It's human nature to rejoice in the bigger guy getting taken down, it's why the underdog is so often rooted for.

Sheer blind jealousy drove most of the bile towards us.

Agree

True enough I suppose :)

But my point was why you used a term to desribe some Ranger's supporters which you admit has negative connotations?

I still say your in a bad mood and imploded when you seen the word faith :lol:

Because firstly I don't buy the happy clappy notion that all Rangers fans are good guys. Same as not all Catholics are child abusers.

Secondly, I don't for one second accept that this is the result of some kind of anti protestant agenda. The vast majority of Scotland has no time for religion these days.

This is a West of Scotland thing comes from the Irish Immigrant victim minded settlers in Glasgow.

Thats the Battleground , I dont know where you come from orriginally but I had to endure their vile ideas ,and their Bigoted Hatred of everything I stood for in my own Country.

I will fight and speak up against the lies that ommits from their (Cult as you put it) till the day I die.

No more appeasing, and no more accepting the drip feed of lies out of their mouths.

They have all been found out.

Aren't their vile ideas weekly similar to those which are defended by the defender of the faith?

Because firstly I don't buy the happy clappy notion that all Rangers fans are good guys. Same as not all Catholics are child abusers.

Secondly, I don't for one second accept that this is the result of some kind of anti protestant agenda. The vast majority of Scotland has no time for religion these days.

Not sure what the top part means in relation to desribing some of us as cult members but I agree with much of the rest :)

Not sure what the top part means in relation to desribing some of us as cult members but I agree with much of the rest :)

Any organised religion is, by its very definition, a cult. Football fans, in general, have no interest in religion or living by the ethos set down by their religion. It just gives them a reason to hate others. How many of the super prods actually practice their religion and follow its teachings each and every day? Going by the supporters bus I travel on sometimes I'd say. Few percent tops. Infact Is go as far as to say more people will attend Ibrox in December than will attend every CoS service combined in the same month.