What have mccoll and murray done to deserve our backing?

Straight up simple question,

Lately all we have heard is that green and co are bad for us, take our money till we are skint etc etc, but for the life of me i cannot find any reason to think that murray and mccoll would be good for us

Can anyone shed some light as to why these guys are our supposed saviours AGAIN

McColl has stated he will not be investing and Murray has nothing to invest so the answer is "fuck all"

Has JM said that he will never invest, or is it just until there is a clear out and stability has returned?

Straight up simple question,

Lately all we have heard is that green and co are bad for us, take our money till we are skint etc etc, but for the life of me i cannot find any reason to think that murray and mccoll would be good for us

Can anyone shed some light as to why these guys are our supposed saviours AGAIN

JM does not need to rape the club for his own financial gain. He is a self made billionaire who I would imagine knows his way around a boardroom table. FB is his fixer who I would imagine he trusts implicitly.

What benefits could they possibly bring to a football club that has been put through the mill, or even any company that they chose to direct their attention to, for that matter. Answers on a postcard please.

You will notice that I have made no reference to PM.

We are going to need a certain amount of liquidity. Dave King has said that from the moment Green took over. At the moment we have loads of investors from 'down souths' who see us as nothing other than a business opportunity. A chance to make a quick buck. A chance to make over 700k a year for the fantastic achievement of getting us out of Div 3.

Dermot Desmond in days gone by would regularly put money into Celtic as and when they needed it.He is currently owed around 23m by ra Sellick which he takes a nominal amount of interest on every year. He does it because he wants them to compete on the park. He does it because he's a fan

Unless we get the likes of King et al into the club and at the helm I'm not sure sure how we can compete at even a similar level.

He stated he won't be investing

My mistake. I was sure I read elsewhere that has only said that he won't be investing in the short term. Also, by investing, does that mean purely financial or does it include things like time and effort, experience, business acumen and those kind of things?

My mistake. I was sure I read elsewhere that has only said that he won't be investing in the short term. Also, by investing, does that mean purely financial or does it include things like time and effort, experience, business acumen and those kind of things?

Spin it anyway you like.He wont be investing

Muirhead mate you do realise that celtic appointed a ceo that knew what the fuck he was doing

So far all mccoll has stated is that he wants blin and murray in, one with little history in football and definitely not a fan, and the other with a more that questionable past with regards to our club

Muirhead mate you do realise that celtic appointed a ceo that knew what the fuck he was doing

So far all mccoll has stated is that he wants blin and murray in, one with little history in football and definitely not a fan, and the other with a more that questionable past with regards to our club

Do you really think that if and when Blin and Murray get on the board, that will be the end of it and it will just be left to turn to shit?

Do you really think that if and when Blin and Murray get on the board, that will be the end of it and it will just be left to turn to shit?

If all board members are from the same faction whats to stop them, after all they will be following shareholders orders, but it is odd that they want to create a situation that mirrors that currently with only the names on the chairs changed. So much for checks and balances.

In answer to the OP- I do not think as yet McColl deserves the support of fans based on the fact he has not actually contributed anything other than taking a shareholding which means he has the rights of a shareholder. This is the key point. As a shareholder he is fully entitled to take the path he has chosen to take now. He has no requirement for the support of fans. He does however require the support of other shareholders- be they fans or investors with other agendas.

As yet I am uncertain as to his intentions. His desire to thrust PM back into the Boardroom demonstrates he is happy to ignore the opinion of a large group of fans. This is possibly not a bad thing as he is never going to keep every one happy- being a key player in the Rangers revival should not be a popularity contest. In the last few years we have seen a number of seemingly popular figures lose the support of fans- often turning completely the other way- as per Green. I just hope his reason for pushing PM forward is that he genuinely thinks PM has the experience and skills needed.

If he is successful at the AGM only time will tell- as to PM's abilities and McColls motives.

It's a strange situation where the main reason for backing McColl et al isn't anything to do with them. Instead I'd suggest it's more because many have lost faith in elements of the current regime and feel that a change is necessary.

Can only hope we hear more plans from both sides before AGM comes round.

As far as I am aware all JM has done is invested in some shares, other than that not a lot more. As for PM....a big fat blank. He needs to be kept as far away as possible because his past with us is extremely questionable. In my opinion he is just here to freeload and unless he can prove otherwise, then I won't comment further.

A question I have repeatedly asked and received no clear responses.

Similarly, this talk of investors walking away should the present board remain also holds no water. No investors have said as much, merely that they are "concerned" and as we haven't published any accounts yet, I see no reason why anyone would walk away unless they saw something seriously amiss on their publication.

So far all I've seen is political posturing and scaremongering by a faction hellbent on taking power at Rangers.