10 mill - 4 players to win league

urquhart

Who would you go for

My first signing would be an aggressive centre half to play alongside Webster eventually. Cuellar at 2 million would be a good option.

I would also go for an attcking midfielder and would try to sign McFadden for around 3.5 million

I would also sign a quality striker with a good work rate and fitness level and I would sign Shatskikh from Kiev for 2.5 million

This would leave 2 million pound and with this I may be tempted to go for another winger/midfielder and De Beasley would do.

My team

Macgregor, Hutton, Smith, Webster, Cuellar, Hemdani, Ferguson, De Beasley, McFadden, Boyd, Shatskikh

subs Robinson, Broadfoot, Weir, Gow, Thomson, Darchville, Adam

For europe I would probably play Thomson however domestically we can attack more with two wider players.

Pity this will never happen!! :angry2:

Alan Smith

Simon Whittaker

Mario Melchiot

Nigel Quashie.

Tomlin Bear sorry to be harsh but Im glad u aint the manager. First, Alan Smith would cost too much money and on the big stage looks average and there still doubts about his fitness. Second, I do believe u would want 2 sign Steven Whittaker not Simon but to be fair he is the only one on the list that I would like 2 see in the blue of Rangers. Mario Melchiot is a no-no, god knows why he is back in the dutch squad, then again Van Basten picked Evander Sno a couple of months back so I think Ive mde my point there. Finally, Quashie. Would have signed him 2 or 3 years ago but his best is behind him and he is always injured so again a big no-no!!!

Who would you go for

My first signing would be an aggressive centre half to play alongside Webster eventually. Cuellar at 2 million would be a good option.

I would also go for an attcking midfielder and would try to sign McFadden for around 3.5 million

I would also sign a quality striker with a good work rate and fitness level and I would sign Shatskikh from Kiev for 2.5 million

This would leave 2 million pound and with this I may be tempted to go for another winger/midfielder and De Beasley would do.

My team

Macgregor, Hutton, Smith, Webster, Cuellar, Hemdani, Ferguson, De Beasley, McFadden, Boyd, Shatskikh

subs Robinson, Broadfoot, Weir, Gow, Thomson, Darchville, Adam

For europe I would probably play Thomson however domestically we can attack more with two wider players.

Pity this will never happen!! :angry2:

not a bad selection if they were available at those prices, I dont expect our ambition will match this though.

if we were only to get 4 players then I would get

1. striker

2. c/left sided attacking midfield

3. c/right sided attacking midfield

4. right back - we only have 1.

i dont really want to name names because I have not done the research into how much players could cost and I don't have the time to right now.

but some that have come up would be feindouno, mido, balaban, nekounam, beasley.

im trying to think of options other than whittaker for RB, there must be someone else.

Tomlin Bear sorry to be harsh but Im glad u aint the manager. First, Alan Smith would cost too much money and on the big stage looks average and there still doubts about his fitness. Second, I do believe u would want 2 sign Steven Whittaker not Simon but to be fair he is the only one on the list that I would like 2 see in the blue of Rangers. Mario Melchiot is a no-no, god knows why he is back in the dutch squad, then again Van Basten picked Evander Sno a couple of months back so I think Ive mde my point there. Finally, Quashie. Would have signed him 2 or 3 years ago but his best is behind him and he is always injured so again a big no-no!!!

.........................al fetch me coat boss :harhar:

Alan Smith is a fantasy singing who has been haunting Rangers for years, a bit like Kevin Phillips. Its not going to happen and I have serious doubts about his fitness. He is also massively overpriced.

Whittaker - maybe, but I don't think he's any better then Hutton and I'd like to see Lowling (remember him?) getting a bit more encouragement before we went off and spent about £1m on an unproven player. Ian Murray is also a capable, but no outsatnding, right sided player.

Quashie - 3-4 years ago and I might have said yes but he's a player in decline, constantly injured and now in West Ham reserves. Forget it.

The other bloke I've never even heard of.

Guest therabbitt

10 mill, hmmm

Neil Alexander - free

Darren Barr - 500k

Lewis Stevenson - 500k

Andy Webster - 500k

Steven Naismith - 1

Zoltan Gera - free

Darren Fletcher - 4

James McFadden - 3

Kanu - free (reportedly)

Dreamland...never get 10mill.....

This thread just reflects the frustration felt by all of us.

We seem to be getting nowhere fast on the transfer front BUT it is early days and we have to be patient.

This is hard I know.

10m - I really would love to see us spend that.

Alan Smith

Simon Whittaker

Mario Melchiot

Nigel Quashie.

Why would Alan Smith, who has just recently broke into the Manchester Untied team and got back into the England team, Move to the SPL?!

If Manchester United choose to sell him, Many English clubs will be after his signature and offer more money and a better contract than Rangers would ever do.

Mario Melchiot is absolute rubbish........ Enough said.

Quashie...... The same Nigel Quashie who jumps from club to club, commands big wages, gets injured and then moves on. He also wouldnt offer us anything different than what we currently have.

Whittaker cant defend and he cant play as a right midfielder. Also Hibs would be looking for a fee in excess of £1 million.

I still say that we can build a challenging squad for less than £10 million.

With the correct scouting it could be done with ease.

If we were prepared to part with the wages we could have had Timo Hildebrand, Zoltan Gera and Robbie Fowler for there signing on fee's...which would amount to what a couple of million?

Throw is Beasley who is likely to cost less than a million and you would still have between 4-7 million for other players too!

With the correct scouting it could be done with ease.

If we were prepared to part with the wages we could have had Timo Hildebrand, Zoltan Gera and Robbie Fowler for there signing on fee's...which would amount to what a couple of million?

Throw is Beasley who is likely to cost less than a million and you would still have between 4-7 million for other players too!

Absolutely spot on :tu: .

Take it a step further, how many young players are there in the Championship who will never get a chance to play for England or the EPL? Steven Sidwell went from Bury to Reading for £100K! Naylor went to Celtic for £750K! I'm not saying that England (and elsewhere) are teeming with bargains but a major club with an efficient scouting set-up can secure bargains.

The very fact that Rangers never even had a permanent scouting presence on Dundee and Edinburgh until Advocaat arrived sums it all up :wacko: .

Feindouno(St ettiene) Swap + £2.5m

Beasley(PSV) £1.5m

Cuellar(Osasuna)£2m

Kamara(West Brom) £3m

All decent enough and wouldn't cost much(in todays market),good enough for SPL and a run in Europe