A reaffirming of the real world from Young Will.

bawsburst

All Is Well In The Twilight Zone

In the parallel universe, all is well on Planet Lawwell.

Celtic have no bank debt, the money is rolling in, the stands are full, Lenny has millions to spend on European superstars and the media is fawning.

Rangers, on the other hand, are in deep trouble. The directors meet every day to plead Graham Wallace to stay and Admin II looms.

In the real world of course, things are entirely different. Except for the fawning media. And it is the media who are responsible for the parallel universe being reported to the gullible masses.

One example sticks out a mile. Despite the glaring impossibility of “offeeshul” attendance figures issued from the Co-op Dome, a compliant and complicit press dutifully reports these figures – either ignoring the empty top tier or assuming thousands of very quiet fans are hiding under the big sheets.

Our timorous mainstream media in Scotland also fails to report on the GCC land deals and the Co-op loans enjoyed by Celtic – preferring to quote Lawwell that Celtic have no bank debt. Maybe Big Peter has a very narrow definition of bank debt but here is one I found from a very good site:

A bank debt is basically any debt that is owed to a bank, by any kind of consumer, organization or corporation. The debt may be anything from a bank loan to a credit card debt or an overdraft that has been used.

A pretty comprehensive definition I would say.

Maybe someone far better qualified than I could tell me if Celtic’s financial obligations to the Co-op Bank – the “Ethical” Bank – fall into this broad definition of bank debt and if so, does Peter Lawwell’s statement that Celtic have no bank debt constitute some breach of directorial code.

I generally leave it to others to examine the minutiae of Celtic’s accounts and financials but it appears to me that Celtic are mortgaged to the hilt with the Co-op Bank and if that isn’t bank debt then this world is getting awfully close to the parallel universe Big Peter lives in.

This could all be written off as the rantings of a delusional bluenose by the faithful through and through but even those who choose to live with the Celtic CEO on his own planet cannot escape the glaring reality that is staring them in the face.

That reality is that year-on-year the Celtic squad is getting weaker. Now if Celtic are so cash rich why is the squad weakening? If all the CL riches are being amassed and CL qualification is so important to the fiscal gameplan, why is the money in Lawwell’s mouth not being put into manager Neil Lennon’s hand to ensure that Celtic make the group stages?

Or to put it another way – with an easy tilt at the title for a few seasons, why are we not seeing Celtic getting stronger till they are out of sight from the rest of Scottish football? If all the millions generated from the CL are not being utilised to build a proper CL-strength European squad, what is being done with the money?

Aberdeen’s victory yesterday in the Scottish Cup, along with Morton’s League Cup triumph over the hoops earlier in the season, show clearly that Celtic are not unbeatable domestically. Both games highlight the frailties in the squad and it is evident that the loss of the likes of Ledley, Wanyama and Hooper has resulted in a serious demerit in quality to the playing pool.

The most alarming thing about all this is that it it is taking a bluenose to highlight these matters and ask questions that Celtic fans should be asking.

Those who follow the green and white like to lecture Rangers fans about seeking accountability and asking the hard questions of those in charge at Ibrox.

Perhaps it’s time they followed their own advice.

Even the most deluded will not be hoodwinked for long, however.

Even the most ardent supporter will tire sooner or later of moonbeams in the media and mediocrity on the park.

Could it be possible that Lieswell is in fact telling the truth....with fingers crossed behind his back.Septic 2001 is the company registered with the SFA/SPFL but the company that owns all things Septic is Septic 1897.The latter company does all the borrowing as it holds all the assets,including playing staff,so Septic 2001 borrows from them,opposed to banks.

I've asked before,how can a company register to play in an association/league when it has no playing staff and indeed borrows the players from another company?

Could it be possible that Lieswell is in fact telling the truth....with fingers crossed behind his back.Septic 2001 is the company registered with the SFA/SPFL but the company that owns all things Septic is Septic 1897.The latter company does all the borrowing as it holds all the assets,including playing staff,so Septic 2001 borrows from them,opposed to banks.

I've asked before,how can a company register to play in an association/league when it has no playing staff and indeed borrows the players from another company?

Interesting stuff. (tu)