The Board

calgary

Wallace will collect a guaranteed salary no matter what our financial situation is. He will have negotiated his contract to suit him, not Rangers FC. In stating this I do not infer that GW does not have our best interests at heart, only that he, as a businessman, must ensure that his interests are paramount.

I'll go with your logic for a moment and say that it's in the best interest of Wallace to make the club a successful business once again, otherwise he'd be hard pressed to find a high profile job again. Just because he's hired by the board, does not mean in any way he's under their complete influence as others have suggested. Half you lot don't post unless you can get in something negative about the board anyway. It's getting a bit boring now.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen you post so much until this nonsense kicked off with King, do you only grace us with your presence to brown nose him and the Murrays? I bet you got a semi when the board borrowed £1.5m through investors.

Care to explain why the board accepted this loan without alerting our other shareholders for their offers?

Care to explain why the board accepted this loan without alerting our other shareholders for their offers?

How do you know they haven't? Where's your proof that there were actually only two parties approached.

Do you for a fact know that no other major investors were approached but offered less favourable conditions?

Realistically you're going to ask those who have invested the most money to help out, rather than send an email to every single investor and ask for money. You'd be fuming if that happened. Could imagine that, the board asking every if they could spare some change, it's just ridiculous to even think about.

King and the like can all shout they would have offered the money with no interest etc. but it's easy to act like you'd be the hero in hindsight. He's not even bought any shares in the company at all, so he can do one if he thinks I'm going to look to him as a saviour of the club.

I've never seen you post so much until this nonsense kicked off with King, do you only grace us with your presence to brown nose him and the Murrays? I bet you got a semi when the board borrowed £1.5m through investors.

You don't know me but trust me on this one. I brown nose no one that's why I run my own businesses. I have never ever mentioned Murray on here as in ever. The King statement did wake me up today and I find it interesting. Anything wrong with that ?

I'll go with your logic for a moment and say that it's in the best interest of Wallace to make the club a successful business once again, otherwise he'd be hard pressed to find a high profile job again. Just because he's hired by the board, does not mean in any way he's under their complete influence as others have suggested. Half you lot don't post unless you can get in something negative about the board anyway. It's getting a bit boring now.

That is not logic, it is what any CEO would do when negotiating his contract. Where have I posited that GW is "under the influence of the board"? I merely stated that his position as a businessman would be to first and foremost ensure that his remunerations from Rangers FC were to his satisfaction, just like ANY CEO joining a company??

You don't know me but trust me on this one. I brown nose no one that's why I run my own businesses. I have never ever mentioned Murray on here as in ever. The King statement did wake me up today and I find it interesting. Anything wrong with that ?

The only posts I've seen from you are brown nosing King and slagging off the board... Says it all really.

That is not logic, it is what any CEO would do when negotiating his contract. Where have I posited that GW is "under the influence of the board"? I merely stated that his position as a businessman would be to first and foremost ensure that his remunerations from Rangers FC were to his satisfaction, just like ANY CEO joining a company??

It is logic. If he's working in his best interest of himself, it's in his best interest to make the club a successful business in order to ensure in the future he can take another high profile job with a high wage.

I also stated quite clearly "as others have suggested" with regards to GW being under the influence of other people.

How do you know they haven't? Where's your proof that there were actually only two parties approached.

Do you for a fact know that no other major investors were approached but offered less favourable conditions?

Realistically you're going to ask those who have invested the most money to help out, rather than send an email to every single investor and ask for money. You'd be fuming if that happened. Could imagine that, the board asking every if they could spare some change, it's just ridiculous to even think about.

King and the like can all shout they would have offered the money with no interest etc. but it's easy to act like you'd be the hero in hindsight. He's not even bought any shares in the company at all, so he can do one if he thinks I'm going to look to him as a saviour of the club.

I do NOT know if the board approached any other of the shareholders. Do you know for certain that they did? I would be most interested to see any evidence that others were contacted rather than Laxey's being given carte blanche to loan this money at high interst rates suitable to them rather than to Rangers FC.

The only posts I've seen from you are brown nosing King and slagging off the board... Says it all really.

Ok if thats your opinion good for you,but im certainly not here to argue with anyone. I find it disturbing that you find me taking an interest in a Club we both support a problem.

I do NOT know if the board approached any other of the shareholders. Do you know for certain that they did? I would be most interested to see any evidence that others were contacted rather than Laxey's being given carte blanche to loan this money at high interst rates suitable to them rather than to Rangers FC.

So why did you make a clear statement saying the board never alerted other shareholders to see if they could get a better rate. That's you making a judgement that they never and trying to pass it off as fact. That then spreads and is the reason people believe bullshit like that.

Ok if thats your opinion good for you,but im certainly not here to argue with anyone. I find it disturbing that you find me taking an interest in a Club we both support a problem.

You're not "taking an interest", you're being slanderous about the board while fully backing someone who hasn't put a penny in to us...

You're not "taking an interest", you're being slanderous about the board while fully backing someone who hasn't put a penny in to us...

If you look back over my posts I haven't said anything slanderous about the board. I have an opinion in a democratic society. I have an opinion that maybe different to yours thats where you have a problem with me. I will also point out King has put money into us in the past and also warned us about Whyte and Green. So I will hear the guy out as he is a really successful businessman and a blue nose. Where a hedge fund like laxey are here for the money not the clubs best intrest's.

If you look back over my posts I haven't said anything slanderous about the board. I have an opinion in a democratic society. I have an opinion that maybe different to yours thats where you have a problem with me.

"There nothing more than puppets. The men in control are the men who hold the majority of the shares. Whatever they say or think will make no difference."

Claiming they're puppets for Laxey etc. isn't slanderous now?

You're allowed an opinion, but pushing this nonsense based off of absolutely nothing is just detrimental.

It is logic. If he's working in his best interest of himself, it's in his best interest to make the club a successful business in order to ensure in the future he can take another high profile job with a high wage.

I also stated quite clearly "as others have suggested" with regards to GW being under the influence of other people.

I refer you to ENRON, Polly Peck, Farepack and Fire Auto and Marine Insurance.

"There nothing more than puppets. The men in control are the men who hold the majority of the shares. Whatever they say or think will make no difference."

You're allowed an opinion, but pushing this nonsense based off of absolutely nothing is just detrimental.

I've sent you my reply on the previous page.

If they are not puppets. Could you please remind me who put them there ?

Am I? You clearly asked why any CEO would compromise themselves, I provided you with several examples of those who would and did, and that is me "clutching at straws"? I could give you plenty more current cases for you to peruse?

Out of all the businesses in the world, you provided me with an insignificant amount. I could say why would anyone nail their nutsack to the ground, but someone has indeed done it. It proves nothing in respect to the likelihood of someone else doing it.

Out of all the businesses in the world, you provided me with an insignificant amount. I could say why would anyone nail their nutsack to the ground, but someone has indeed done it. It proves nothing in respect to the likelihood of someone else doing it.

Excellent! You ask why any CEO would do this, and when provided with examples , you dismiss them and request that I provide you with even more CEO's who have fucked up businesses, OK, (ex) Sir Fred Goodwin. And there WILL be more.