Jackie McNamara - Bitter as foook.

You have managed to wind me up on this issue. Tell me where was the hullabaloo when Aberdeen got 40k tickets for the scumdome on Sunday? Neutral venue with a markedly uneven split of tickets, remember for the purposes of the semi final Ibrox is officially nuetral. As decreed by the SFA.

The point about the cup final between Aberdeen and Inverness is completely irrelevant. There wasn't a fuss made over that because quite simply Inverness didn't want/couldn't sell any more tickets. It's that simple and you know that.

Exactly, Ibrox is neutral for this game, so Utd are entitled to 50%.

Listen i'm dying for a ticket and won't get one as im not a ST so it would actually suit me better the less tickets Utd take, but unlike some people, i am looking at things from a neutral point of view, for a neutral venue. Some people can't take off their blue tinted specs.

As i said, If this was the other way around and it was Celtic v Utd in a semi, would you and others be advocating for Celtic to get more tickets than Utd? No chance you would. And you will probably reply that you don't care if it was Celtic v Utd, but the fact is whether you admit it or not, if it was Celtic v Utd then you wouldn't see the issue with Utd getting 50% of the tickets, if that's what they wanted.

And as i also said, people are complaining and moaning because Utd want half the tickets and are going about it's just gloryhunting. Well you could say the exact same about Rangers fans. We have had 3 home ties this season in the scottish cup, one sold 19k, one 22k and one 23k. Going by those figures, every Rangers fan who is interested in watching Rangers in the scottish cup this season will get a ticket so there should be no problem whatsoever,

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's based on their ticket sales on previous appearances. Arsenal have 42000 STs.

Mate with all respect that is nonsense. If you read up you will see that Arsenal have a ST waiting list in the thousands. That blows your argument out the water.

No they don't. Fuck 'em. 13,000.

Also the Man U thing - remember we brought 200,000 fans to Manchester for the UEFA cup final in 2008, granted that much didn't get into the stadium, but if the stadium were big enough - Rangers would of got 200,000 inside the Etihad that day.

us and Man United are massive clubs, Dundee United is a diddy club, they should rightly get 13,000.

Well you are just proving my point and the hypocrisy of people with regards to this. Every club has glory hunters, it's ridiculous to label this at Dundee United. You say we had 200,000 at Manchester, correct, so where are all these people every other week? ...That just proves that we, like every club, have glory hunters.

The demand from them isn't higher... jesus they're getting attendances of 4,000 - 7,000 in home league games, no one gives a shit about watching Dundee United, and certainly the glory hunters shouldn't be allowed into Ibrox to take up seats that Rangers fans have been using to watch their team, in numbers of 40,000 upward every other week.

Rangers should get the majority.

Utter nonsense. To say the demand for tickes from Utd fans for this game, compared to a semi final against them 6 years ago, to say that the demand now isn't higher than it was then is utter nonsense.

Oh right well where have all these loyal Rangers fans been this season in the 3 scottish cup home games we have had, none of which sold over 24k tickets? Go on, tell me that? If you are arguing that Utd are gloryhunting then Rangers fans are doing the exact same, as proven by the attendances this season at Ibrox for Scottish cup games.

Seriously, people are being ridiculous.

Like i said on another thread, i'd love a ticket for this game but won't get one, so it would actually suit me better and improve my chances of a ticket if Utd only sold a minimal amount. It's not the case that i'm getting a ticket and couldn't give a fuck about other fans getting one, not at all. I'm just taking the blue tinted specs off. It's a neutral venue, they are entitled to 50% tickets.

People are shooting me down for what i'm saying, YET praising the SFA for their statement which is saying/advocating exactly what i am.

I'll say again..

If Dundee United can only pull in 4,000/7,000 for league home games, glory hunting fans should not be allowed to take the seats of Rangers fans who for as far back as I can remember have been turning up to our home games in numbers of 40,000 upwards, even when we dropped down the leagues, the demand for season tickets at Ibrox was still high, and is still the largest average home attendances in Scottish Football..

Glory Hunters have no right to take anymore than 13,000 seats.

I'll also say again...

Oh right well where have all these loyal Rangers fans been this season in the 3 scottish cup home games we have had, none of which sold over 24k tickets? Go on, tell me that??? If you are arguing that Utd are gloryhunting then Rangers fans are doing the exact same, as proven by the attendances this season at Ibrox for Scottish cup games.

Seriously, people are being ridiculous.

So ALL their season ticket holders can get about 4 tickets each, yet we won't have enough tickets to cater for all our season ticket holders. Where's the fairness in that? We should be rewarding those that keep coming, week in, week out, to support Rangers, & , Scottish football, not rewarding Glory Hunters!

They should get about 6 000 tickets, we should get 35 000 tickets, then split the remainder 50/50, that's the fairest way IMHO...

It's how it works, it always has been like that, i dont know why so many people are acting like this is a new rule for this season. Then people hit out with aw well what about when Aberdeen had more fans than Inverness last week, or other occasions when one team's support outnumbered the other. Well for these occasions, the oppositon support couldn't sell any more, that's why their fans were in the minority, that's the only reason. And everyone that are trying to argue that point knows this.

People are only kicking up a fuss because unlike other seasons, the demand is greater from Utd, and people think that is unfair. Well it's not, it's just the way it is and should be. It's a neutral venue. People talk about those coming week in week out to see Rangers, but as i keep pointing out, based on this seasons attendances, then there should only be 25k max interested in attending this game. Seeing as we have had 3 scottish cup home games this season and not once have any more than 23k bothered to turn up. So there's 'gloryhunting' on both sides.

Give Dumpdee United 25,000 tickets and at least 15,000 will be returned unsold. Personally I don't really care what allocation they receive, if they want a 50/50 split so be it, if they want a neutral venue fine!

In reality, this latest orchestrated attack on our club is not about ticket allocation, its once again a concerted effort by a malignant force within Scottish society to undermine our club and hinder our progress, pure and simple.

Again, this is not about ticket allocation or venue, its about fear and loathing, just wait and see, it will be Lemon or Liewell's turn next week, added by a host off alleged big (s)hitter journalists and social mhedia twatt's spouting pish and innuendo, too forum nut job conspiracy theorists who will tell you its all a masonic plot to rid Scotland off parochial schools!

In the coming weeks and days leading up to this game, just wait and see how many off these cowards come out off the woodwork sighting unfair advantage and sporting integrity crap. We'll have almost a month off constant whining and snipping, whipping the sad deluded fcuks into a Rangers hate frenzy. From writing shite, to talking shite, its what they do best, a complete shower of cowedly treacherous bastards the lot off them.