A week in the life of the Rangers manager

Current regime

Monday

Arrive between 9 and 9.30 joke about dressing room for banter while management team discuss papers. 10am walk out to pitch no idea what session is ahead.Management come out holding bibs and a few poles and Ally sets them up as Kenny leads them on 5 laps of park. Lads all joking about as pace is just above walking - durrant and jig stand bantering. A few stretches. 10.45 break into three groups play man in middle (keeping ball off him) - goalies are sent aside for shots into them. 11.05 small sided game leisurely pace. Ally and jig walking around pitch. 11.25 basic shooting practice i.e. kenny and durrant rolling ball 5 yards for whole team in a line taking shots (lots of standing about) and slagging if shots go high/wide. Players start to saunter away couple at a time around 11.45.

said players drive out of Murray Park

This is actual timeline i saw when visiting Murray Park about a season ago, i know Mondays are slow but my amatuer team trains more advanced.

This.! If players are not fit after the pre season then they should not be at the club. No need for all this running. That is our general problem in scotland. Too much fucking running. See if we actually concentrate of texhnical ball skills and stop training for fucking marathons we would be in a much better place in my opinion.

I agree with what you are saying but the players aren't fit right now, the op is meaning if he was manager right now, and what he would do would get them into shape as fitness is one of the most vital part of the game