ROY CARROLL

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Experienced and capable of challenging McGregor and Smith.... Reasonably happy if it frees up funds for a striker and creative player.

:)

Likewise (tu)

Experienced and capable of challenging McGregor and Smith.... Reasonably happy if it frees up funds for a striker and creative player.

:)

Yes that seems reasonable. I think this is a decent good value signing.

one other thing, despite his high profile blunders i would still far rather have him in the team than graeme smith who has only played around 100 games in his career with over half of those outside of the spl. Carrol has played over 300 games in his career including 50 for man utd and has international and champions league experience. Its only a year long contract as well and i doubt his wages are that high so if it doesnt work out its not going to be an expensive mistake like some of the crap signings we have given 3 year contracts to and had to pay off in the past.

one other thing, despite his high profile blunders i would still far rather have him in the team than graeme smith who has only played around 100 games in his career with over half of those outside of the spl. Carrol has played over 300 games in his career including 50 for man utd and has international and champions league experience. Its only a year long contract as well and i doubt his wages are that high so if it doesnt work out its not going to be an expensive mistake like some of the crap signings we have given 3 year contracts to and had to pay off in the past.

Again - agreed, it looks like a sensible signing to me.

i did not see a mad rush of other clubs trying to sign him. :pipegreen:

minstral other clubs with the stature of RFC are not interested in 2nd and 3rd donkeys like us that the bottom line :classier_than_pipeguy:

NO SURRENDER WE ARE THE PEOPLE :pipegreen:

I think that's a week up now minstral? Still £7M to go...

did walter not come out and say that there is more players to come, the only delay is clubs trying to rip us off or the players would be here, have faith the money is there and i still stand by the 10 million figure. :rolleyes:

minstral other clubs with the stature of RFC are not interested in 2nd and 3rd donkeys like us that the bottom line :classier_than_pipeguy:

NO SURRENDER WE ARE THE PEOPLE :pipegreen:

you right fish we get some players that other clubs would not even take free in a lucky bag. :pipegreen:

I think that's a week up now minstral? Still £7M to go...

did walter not come out and say that there is more players to come, the only delay is clubs trying to rip us off or the players would be here, have faith the money is there and i still stand by the 10 million figure. :rolleyes:

Stand by for the usual excuses <cr>

Guest therabbitt

There was rumours for a while that he had serious problems with drink and gambling, which meant he wasnt an automatic starter last season. So might fit right in wi some of the other boys.....

Allegedly....

There was rumours for a while that he had serious problems with drink and gambling, which meant he wasnt an automatic starter last season. So might fit right in wi some of the other boys.....

Allegedly....

rabbitt rabbitt rabbitt rabbitt rabbitt !!! The old Chas and Dave hit

....where have ye been thumper :craphead:

Could be worse, the goalkeeping situation wasnt the highest priority this season AM isnt a bad keeper so bringing in an experienced back up on a one year deal gives us options so even if it doesnt work out we can let him go with not much loss.

Someone mentioned we should break the bank instead and sign Craig Gordon, but if he doesnt move this year his value would be reduced next year and well have a new budget next season were we may be in the position to spend £3-4m on a keeper. With Roy only on a one year deal if we are in that position its not like we cant cut him loose to free up wages for a top class keeper.

Best in my mind to spend cash on players for positions we really need like RW where only really have Burke who plays that position (assuming Beasley will play LW and knowing that Novo isnt a right winger).

Not that happy with this signing - hope he is only back up (far to accident!!! prone) - why sign the boy form Killie as well. Perhaps the Killie youngster is seen as one for the future & Caroll is purely for 1 season.