The Stadium Bar

Gaz52

11 minutes ago, MisterC said:

By the way, what single malt whiskies do you have in at the moment?

I should know this ? I know we have Glenfiddoch and Glenmorangie. There's another one we get in last game and I can't remember what it is. Open to suggestions though - not a whisky drinker myself 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Louden_Greg said:

Aye! I'll double check tomorrow though as you've got me doubting myself ?

Aye! Unreal. And there's more expensive ones too ??

There's been a fair bit of hot air blew in your boozer in the last few years mate, accepted a fair bit from me...none however from that drier. I know this as I whinge every time (every game) I need to dry my hands on that days denim of choice. 

Apart from that (which is a non issue) and the same CD on loop every match day (there has to be alternative 'safe songs') it's a great pub and incomparable to the hovel that was the Stadium Bar.  

1 minute ago, Louden_Greg said:

I should know this ? I know we have Glenfiddoch and Glenmorangie. There's another one we get in last game and I can't remember what it is. Open to suggestions though - not a whisky drinker myself 

Two nice inclusions. 

Dalwhinnie for me if your taking votes :541:

3 minutes ago, Louden_Greg said:

Get an Islay Malt... Either Ardbeg or Lagavulin ?

1 minute ago, markem said:

There's been a fair bit of hot air blew in your boozer in the last few years mate, accepted a fair bit from me...none however from that drier. I know this as I whinge every time (every game) I need to dry my hands on that days denim of choice. 

Apart from that (which is a non issue) and the same CD on loop every match day (there has to be alternative 'safe songs') it's a great pub and incomparable to the hovel that was the Stadium Bar.  

Is it the lounge you are talking about or the bar? 

We have 4 cd's but they are quite similar around 60 Rangersy songs that are alright. We need to fully replace the sound system from CD based to digital so that we can mix them in better. Due to the nature of our pub I tend to ere on the side of caution with songs by going with the ones that are best received. It's a fair criticism that it can be a bit repetitive but often when you try a new (old) song and it doesn't take off then the atmosphere can turn quickly to the "unsafe" variety. 

I'm doing a bit of work on the playlist and trying to see what we can introduce. For instance I've edited a "glad all over" version for the garner chant that I think will go down well. Tempted to branch out into getting someone to make some songs for us as the older versions of some songs are bit dated or could do with a remaster. Would love a proper good version of Derry's Walls that fits the cadence and forcefulness of the chants at the game. 

5 minutes ago, Louden_Greg said:

Is it the lounge you are talking about or the bar? 

We have 4 cd's but they are quite similar around 60 Rangersy songs that are alright. We need to fully replace the sound system from CD based to digital so that we can mix them in better. Due to the nature of our pub I tend to ere on the side of caution with songs by going with the ones that are best received. It's a fair criticism that it can be a bit repetitive but often when you try a new (old) song and it doesn't take off then the atmosphere can turn quickly to the "unsafe" variety. 

I'm doing a bit of work on the playlist and trying to see what we can introduce. For instance I've edited a "glad all over" version for the garner chant that I think will go down well. Tempted to branch out into getting someone to make some songs for us as the older versions of some songs are bit dated or could do with a remaster. Would love a proper good version of Derry's Walls that fits the cadence and forcefulness of the chants at the game. 

Lounge typically. Fair do's mate. Understand their is a fair bit to think about. I probably clock it more as spend a good few hours in afterwards. Didn't think there was that many (60) tbf. 

Fuck all wrong with the pub it's how much time I spend in it that's the issue.  :lol:

11 minutes ago, Louden_Greg said:

Also as always I'm always on the look out for new songs for the pub though btw - so point me at them. Ulster Girl was added in after a request about a month ago

Billy boys and heverlee and you have a regular ?

7 minutes ago, markem said:

Lounge typically. Fair do's mate. Understand their is a fair bit to think about. I probably clock it more as spend a good few hours in afterwards. Didn't think there was that many (60) tbf. 

Fuck all wrong with the pub it's how much time I spend in it that's the issue.  :lol:

Ah I'm rarely in the lounge toilets ? I'll moan at the handyman and see what he can do. 

I have a CD for after games that is a bit more bouncy that I tried out after the last game. Human went down very well ? But a couple of the others didn't so going through Spotify for my next effort. 

1 hour ago, Louden_Greg said:

I'll let ye away wae yer spelling.

3 minutes ago, True Azure said:

What I'd like to know is why would any sane cunt patronise any fucking "pub" that serves beer/lager in a fucking PLASTIC tumbler and also knows that the quality control of said bevvies is at best questionable?????????

That's why the first thing we done was remove them. Though to be fair we also completely replaced the beer lines as they weren't up to our standards. 

2 minutes ago, Louden_Greg said:

That's why the first thing we done was remove them. Though to be fair we also completely replaced the beer lines as they weren't up to our standards. 

OK. Not following this closely enough. Louden management now taken over The Stadium Bar?