Davie Cooper

Coopermania

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both Coop's are legendary. :D

:lol: Davie liked the horses, I like the drink Bazza !! Thanks mate for looking after me so well in Lockerbie. It was amazing to have quality time with you, CR + Jenna. It was truley outstanding.

so you would say he was world class in his day or world class in our day

He had a lazy streak at times which was mostly down to his moods usually caused by a loss at the bookies. Wether this stopped him being out and out world class is debatable in some peoples opinion but not mine. The only guy I can think of for comparison is Cruyff but I havent seen as much of him as I have of Coop to make a fair comparison.

again a video, not the best quality, but amazing to see. Moodyblue lives on !!!

impressive, I dunno but the way he moves reminds me of laudrup mixed with amato

Good comparison daf. Although Laudrup was probably, and I stress probably, more technically gifted Coop carried a touch of luck and, for want of a better word, clumsyness ( in the Ted McMinn mould) that combined with a fair amount of strength for his size made him something special

in away he was like Laudrup, but better in my opinion. No offence to Brian Laudrup of course.

so the question is why are players of his calibre no longer being produced in scotland... doubt they had as good facilities as we have today no matter how meagre the ones in scotland are compared to the rest of the world today

Just got an email, you know the type, with all sorts of messages and proverbs and words of wisdom all the usual crap then all of a sudden this phrase jumped out and I immidiately thought - Moody Blue - "We seldom think of what we have, but always think of what we miss"

Very poinant, I thought, or maybe thats the stella taking effect now :beer1:

Just got an email, you know the type, with all sorts of messages and proverbs and words of wisdom all the usual crap then all of a sudden this phrase jumped out and I immidiately thought - Moody Blue - "We seldom think of what we have, but always think of what we miss"

Moodyblue is ok to say, the fans loved Davie for who he was and gave to the team and the Club.

Moodyblue is ok to say, the fans loved Davie for who he was and gave to the team and the Club.

Yeh, its deffo a term of affection. Im seriuosley contemplating getting it airbrushed on the back of my truck along with a oicture of him. Failing that I'm just going to call it Moody Blue 2

Yeh, its deffo a term of affection. Im seriuosley contemplating getting it airbrushed on the back of my truck along with a oicture of him. Failing that I'm just going to call it Moody Blue 2

Jeez, just realised how bad my spellings getting. Nearly time for bed but Ive still got half a can to finish of first :beer1:

this is a man i never had the pleasure of seeing at the beloved Ibrox, he will be remembered for what he done for the club though, RIP Davie Cooper (tu)

brilliant Mikhailichenko, a man who understands (tu)

When I was wee and if the Gers got beat there was only one reason, Davie Cooper had a bad day at the office. He carried Rangers for years and out of the History of Rangers he has to go down as a true legend.

I seen him play many times and he inspired me to play on the wing (I only had one foot too). Truly a great and sadly missed.

On a lighter note reguarding the great man....wonder if anyone remembers his "open goal " header miss against Hearts at Tynecastle in 1987....at the Gorgie end, where the Bears were situated...seemed like the whole end fell about laughing at what was one of the worst misses ive ever seen at a game...not that it mattered, he ran the show that day as usual, and Rangers won 5-2 in what was a close game at one point.

in away he was like Laudrup, but better in my opinion. No offence to Brian Laudrup of course.

Thing with Coop was that he couldnt run, couldnt tackle, couldnt head the ball and his right leg was for standing on only

But the left foot was a thing of magic. People remember the dribbling and the free kicks, but for me the reverse pass was what I remember most. He made that his own. The ability to run one way and hit a defence splitting reverse pass in another direction without even looking. Just sheer ability

Sad thing was that while manager, John Greig didnt rate Cooper and would drop him for big games or games away from home, as, wait for it, he wanted someone wide who could track back and tackle. Urgh! Maybe that plus being surrounded by mediocrity led to his moods.

I dont know about anyone else. I was the school goalkeeper, a right footed one. But I would come home from Ibrox and go straight to the back garden and I was Davie Cooper, making those reverse passes and curling in free kicks into the top corner like my hero, with my left peg!

Thing with Coop was that he couldnt run, couldnt tackle, couldnt head the ball and his right leg was for standing on only

But the left foot was a thing of magic. People remember the drippling and the free kicks, but for me the reverse pass was what I remember most. He made that his own. The ability to run one way and hit a defence splitting reverse pass in another direction without even looking. Just sheer ability

Sad thing was that while manager, John Greig didnt rate Cooper and would drop him for big games or games away from home, as, wait for it, he wanted someone wide who could track back and tackle. Urgh! Maybe that plus being surrounded by mediocrity led to his moods.

I dont know about anyone else. I was the cschool goalkeeper, a right footed one. But I would come home from Ibrox and go straight to the back garden and I was Davie Cooper, making those reverse passes and curling in free kicks into the top corner like my hero, with my left peg!

brilliant post bauba. All this is true. (tu)

But the left foot was a thing of magic. People remember the drippling and the free kicks, but for me the reverse pass was what I remember most. He made that his own. The ability to run one way and hit a defence splitting reverse pass in another direction without even looking. Just sheer ability

I dont know about anyone else. I was the cschool goalkeeper, a right footed one. But I would come home from Ibrox and go straight to the back garden and I was Davie Cooper, making those reverse passes and curling in free kicks into the top corner like my hero, with my left peg!

Yeah, I get like this when the topic is the great man! Im at work at 5.30 here in chicago and getting misty eyed just thinking about what a waste it was. Think of the good he could have done if he had been working with youth players all these years

Yeah, I get like this when the topic is the great man! Im at work at 5.30 here in chicago and getting misty eyed just thinking about what a waste it was. Think of the good he could have done if he had been working with youth players all these years

Imagine Walter, Ally and Davie as a team now. That would be magical for the club.