agm tomorrow

minstral

11. Murray just accepted principle of democratically elected director of the club and process in place in time for next AGM and club issuing consultation paper within the month

Really?

I thought when he agreed to it in the RST meeting that it was just to please you.

Superb!

More news soon... ;)

12. Punter asked if club ashamed of our identity with remove of the union flag from many areas: Murray denied absolutely

13: Increased capacity: Murray says plans in consultation to expand footprint of land around with development and capacity will come into that

14: Travel abroad: what guarantee of protection from foreign police - new security adviser praised for attitude; number in Belgrade city to ensure safety

15. Questioner wants club to strive to 20/20 vision always being in top 20 in Europe on and off the pitch: Murray talks down and says finances depend on being in champs league 3 out of + seasons otherwise problems - Murray calls for 'realism'

16: Policing and safety in Scotland questioned (Dundee Utd in particular): Bain says feedback taken note of and presented to clubs and authorities

17. Eddie brown from Springburn says brand not being exposed enough in USA and isn't not available: Bain says 10k kids in Rangers soccer camps in Toronto in recent years - SDMurray seemed to say better return on money promoting within UK

18. Betty aAuld from Troon asks last question - about u21 rule: Bain says various clubs not happy and is being discussed by sub committees

THE END

Lasted one hour.

17. Eddie brown from Springburn says brand not being exposed enough in USA and isn't not available: Bain says 10k kids in Rangers soccer camps in Toronto in recent years - SDMurray seemed to say better return on money promoting within UK

Obviously theres a better return on the money thats because the brand knowledge is saturated here!

If Rangers are to grow and increase that turnover again, they need to improve marketing abroad, into new terrirtory...

Obviously theres a better return on the money thats because the brand knowledge is saturated here!

If Rangers are to grow and increase that turnover again, they need to improve marketing abroad, into new terrirtory...

Indeed... That ambition does not exist within the current board as it would require investment - both financially and in terms of staff and time.

Indeed... That ambition does not exist within the current board as it would require investment - both financially and in terms of staff and time.

I can see where they are coming from with not wanting to take risks but they need to realise the North American market isn't like the Chinese market they tried to break into before. The support base is there, people know about Rangers. Making the club more accessible will help those existing supporters spread the word.

:(

All in all a pretty uninspiring discussion. No further or clear clarification on the whole sectarian issue / songs etc. Just out of interest and respect for your undoubted insight and knowledge, what is your personal impression of the questions and answers Frankie ?

All in all a pretty uninspiring discussion. No further or clear clarification on the whole sectarian issue / songs etc. Just out of interest and respect for your undoubted insight and knowledge, what is your personal impression of the questions and answers Frankie ?

I think you summed it up in your first sentence mate...

Essentially, despite the best attempts of some fans to make the AGM a worthwhile exercise in holiding the board to account publicly for their decision-making, the type of questions that usually gets asked are often bland and irrelevant.

This means that the primary Trust aim of having an elected supporter on the board of the plc is imperative to help make the current administration more accountable to the largest annual investors (ie us - the supporters).

:)

So what do we think of Murray assertion that we would be the biggest club in Britain if we were in the EPL. Is he being realistic or just playing to the gallery?

Interesting too the figure of £700,000 he quoted for defending the club during the last year. Of course a more robust defence at a much earlier date would probably have averted all the problems, but as with anything the longer you leave it the more it's going to cost to put things right.

So they spoke to Scott Brown and he told them septic offered 25K a week plus 3k per game. Sounds like he wanted to sign for us, despite all the BS he has been spouting since.

Walter said we have spent the Naismith money wisely on Cousin, so I take it that means we aren't going back in for him? He did say if we can get a few bodies out the door we can bring another couple in, although only for specific positions, which I assume isn't up front?

Once again the stadium size comes up. The word is that they are going to redevelop the whole "footprint" around Ibrox, and part of that would be to increase the stadium size. Murray says he hopes we will know all the details by the next AGM (think we've heard that one before :rolleyes:).

So what do we think of Murray assertion that we would be the biggest club in Britain if we were in the EPL. Is he being realistic or just playing to the gallery?

Interesting too the figure of £700,000 he quoted for defending the club during the last year. Of course a more robust defence at a much earlier date would probably have averted all the problems, but as with anything the longer you leave it the more it's going to cost to put things right.

So they spoke to Scott Brown and he told them septic offered 25K a week plus 3k per game. Sounds like he wanted to sign for us, despite all the BS he has been spouting since.

Walter said we spent the Naismith money wisely on Cousin, so I take it that means we are going back in for him? He did say if we can get a few bodies out the door we can bring another couple in, although only for specific positions, which I assume isn't up front?

1. Being biggest club in Britain takes more than finance alone - if Murray said that he'll look daft.

2. Agreed. PR still poor so value for money is awful. Time for new approach.

3. Scott Brown wanted to sign for us but we would not match wages. Quite correct IMO.

4. We will make more signings but will likely be dependent on next week's result.

I think you summed it up in your first sentence mate...

Essentially, despite the best attempts of some fans to make the AGM a worthwhile exercise in holiding the board to account publicly for their decision-making, the type of questions that usually gets asked are often bland and irrelevant.

This means that the primary Trust aim of having an elected supporter on the board of the plc is imperative to help make the current administration more accountable to the largest annual investors (ie us - the supporters).

Thanks chum.

cut out the swearing please, and instead of checking my profile out just ask me what you want to know and i will tell you, and for saying it took me long enough to admit it was my words please tell me what words, my post was about our club and nothing else. :rolleyes:

First of all Minstral, let me apologise for swearing, but I get angry when people tell me to "jog on" on an internet forum.

Secondly, why are you so defensive about your profile, they are there for all members to look at. Don't be so paranoid, it's not like your credit card details are on it. :shifty:

As for the poem, I was just yanking yer chain.

Now let's kiss and make up and never say a bad word to one another again. :kiss1:

I'm only trying to get my post count up. :lol:

Some decent questions do actually get asked but the most concerning thing about the AGM is the fact no supplementary questions are asked and that the time allotted has more than halved in the last 3 years.

I've attended the last 3 but won't be going today. However, the RST invited questions from their members and usually we manage to get a few relevant ones asked each year of the kind of quality we'd ask ourselves.

It doesn't sound at all like the type of AGM that a regular corp would run. Best way to get to ask questions is to increase the holdings you have. Or to join your vote with the RST. (tu)

This is RIDICULOUS. Treat each other with civility and NO SWEARING PLEASE!

We are all Bears here and treat each other with civility and respect.

You can disagree and argue all blinking night, but please keep it civil.

A bit rich coming from you, on another thread today you called some posters "a couple of blind bassas". Whilst not the correct spelling of the word, the sentiment was there. I'm sure you'll find the spelling of mine was different from the correct word too, so where do we draw the line? Coopermania also swore in a post last night, using the correct spelling, but you never told him to calm down.

cut out the swearing please, and instead of checking my profile out just ask me what you want to know and i will tell you, and for saying it took me long enough to admit it was my words please tell me what words, my post was about our club and nothing else. :rolleyes:

First of all Minstral, let me apologise for swearing, but I get angry when people tell me to "jog on" on an internet forum.

Secondly, why are you so defensive about your profile, they are there for all members to look at. Don't be so paranoid, it's not like your credit card details are on it. :shifty:

As for the poem, I was just yanking yer chain.

Now let's kiss and make up and never say a bad word to one another again. :kiss1:

I'm only trying to get my post count up. :lol:

no problem gowser i as just as bad as you it was when you said i knew about the origin of the poem that got me, as i am not that brainy enough to know the origin, but there is no hard feelings and you will soon get your post count up, and for the profile bit i am sorry about that as i was wound up by then, but its a great forum and there is always arguments but to me every member plays their part in different ways and thats what makes it a good forum, but gowser thanks for coming back on again and getting it sorted. (tu)