Why is Fergie getting the blame?

Given the facts so far i am very surprised to read comments like Barry should never wear the rangers jersey again.

What we know so far:

- Barry's bro suggested that at no stage did Le Guen give any idea he was going to strip barry of the captaincy. Its crazy that manager and captain did not sit down together and talk it through privately.

- When Le Guen was asked to identify specific behaviour from Fergie that undermined him he declined. This suggests, as derek ferguson said, that it was just a case of Fergie giving other players a rollocking if they weren't giving 100%. Hardly crime of the century and certainly something that could have been ironed out privately.

- Billy Dodds said Fergie was told it was simply a personality clash and he'd never play for rangers again under Le Guen. Incredible!!!

- Gavin Rae said he had never seen Fergie undermine Le Guen.

- David Murray would surely not let someone he chased for so long leave by mutual consent just because he fell out with one player. David Murray is a very intelligent guy and history shows he lets the manager call the shots. ie. he isn't a Romanov.

- Kris Boyd clearly supported Fergie with his gesture after he scored on tuesday. Le Guen had possibly lost the dressing room. Indeed David Tanner said on Sky Sports that several rangers players were happy to hear that Le Guen had been sacked while they were at Yorkhill Hospital.

I hope Murray and Ferguson come out and clear the whole story up.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the facts so far i am very surprised to read comments like Barry should never wear the rangers jersey again.

What we know so far:

- Barry's bro suggested that at no stage did Le Guen give any idea he was going to strip barry of the captaincy. Its crazy that manager and captain did not sit down together and talk it through privately.

- When Le Guen was asked to identify specific behaviour from Fergie that undermined him he declined. This suggests, as derek ferguson said, that it was just a case of Fergie giving other players a rollocking if they weren't giving 100%. Hardly crime of the century and certainly something that could have been ironed out privately.

- Billy Dodds said Fergie was told it was simply a personality clash and he'd never play for rangers again under Le Guen. Incredible!!!

- David Murray would surely not let someone he chased for so long leave by mutual consent just because he fell out with one player. David Murray is a very intelligent guy and history shows he lets the manager call the shots. ie. he isn't a Romanov.

- Kris Boyd clearly supported Fergie with his gesture after he scored on tuesday. Le Guen had possibly lost the dressing room. Indeed David Tanner said on Sky Sports that several rangers players were happy to hear that Le Guen had been sacked while they were at Yorkhill Hospital.

(tu)

Some people, some Gers fans, just don't like Fergie.

--Some will never get over the fact that he made a mistake, left us for the premiership to try something new then returned realising there was only one club for him

--Others think he thick as mince and simply don't like him

--Some thinks he splits dressing rooms (these people must be flies that buzz about Ibrox)

--Other think he's not Captain material

Most of these haters are Celtic fans but unfortunately some are Rangers fans too but thankfully they are in the minority. (tu)

The boy bleeds blue like me and is one of the best players in Britain... Oh Barry Barry, Barry Barry Barry Barry Ferguson.. <bouncy>

--Some will never get over the fact that he made a mistake, left us for the premiership to try something new then returned realising there was only one club for him

--Some thinks he splits dressing rooms (these people must be flies that buzz about Ibrox)

Most of these haters are Celtic fans but unfortunately some are Rangers fans too but thankfully they are in the minority. (tu)

The boy bleeds blue like me and is one of the best players in Britain... Oh Barry Barry, Barry Barry Barry Barry Ferguson.. <bouncy>

(tu)

Whether or not people rate him as a player surely they can see he has been our best player this season.

As the guys on Clyde 1 say (and they will speak to a lot of the scottish players), they just cannot see what barry ferguson had done to deserve the treatment he got.

ok Le Guen may not have liked barry shouting at players. He should have had a quiet word (from the sounds of it he didn't have a quiet word). Look at players like Rooney. I'm sure some of his antics annoy ferguson and england managers (sendings off etc) but you have a quiet word and try to stop whatever the player is doing wrong.

So far we've heard nothing concrete against Ferguson other than PLG's statements. PLG has met with his employers and they haven't backed him. It is clear that at least some of the players back Ferguson. We've seen how Ferguson has performed on the pitch this season.

I honestly can't see any reason to just accept PLG's point of view, when people much closer to the action haven't backed him

Most of these haters are Celtic fans but unfortunately some are Rangers fans too but thankfully they are in the minority.    (tu)

The boy bleeds blue like me and is one of the best players in Britain...    Oh Barry Barry, Barry Barry Barry Barry Ferguson..    <bouncy>

(tu)

Whether or not people rate him as a player surely they can see he has been our best player this season.

As the guys on Clyde 1 say (and they will speak to a lot of the scottish players), they just cannot see what barry ferguson had done to deserve the treatment he got.

ok Le Guen may not have liked barry shouting at players. He should have had a quiet word (from the sounds of it he didn't have a quiet word). Look at players like Rooney. I'm sure some of his antics annoy ferguson and england managers (sendings off etc) but you have a quiet word and try to stop whatever the player is doing wrong.

we3ll since the guys at Clyde 1 were phoned by wee greetin face at 2.30 p.m. to give his side of the story it's no wonder they back him.

A disgraceful action by a captain of Rangers, and in that moment he lost all of my respect.

Some people, some Gers fans, just don't like Fergie.?

--Some thinks he splits dressing rooms (these people must be flies that buzz about Ibrox)?

Most of these haters are Celtic fans but unfortunately some are Rangers fans too but thankfully they are in the minority.? ? (tu)

The boy bleeds blue like me and is one of the best players in Britain...? ? Oh Barry Barry, Barry Barry Barry Barry Ferguson..? ? <bouncy>

(tu)

we3ll since the guys at Clyde 1 were phoned by wee greetin face at 2.30 p.m. to give his side of the story it's no wonder they back him.

A disgraceful action by a captain of Rangers, and in that moment he lost all of my respect.

A disgraceful action???? is that not a bit strong for simpl phoning someone he knows well. Someone even suggested that Peter Martin was at Murray Park when Ferguson left so Fergie never even phoned them.

The only person he phoned was Iain King, biographer and close friend. Plus the story was obviously going to be front page news when the team was named at Firpark. So what is the big deal??

Its not as if there was something said in the dressing room that Le Guen wanted kept private and Ferguson went straight to the press!!!

Ferguson had just been told he would never play for Rangers again!

Disgraceful actions.....i don't see how you can say that.

Hitting your wife is a disgraceful action.

Oh give it a rest mate. You say the same bloody thing on every thread even though you have been proved wrong. Is this the only bad thing you have to say about Barry because if it is then i suppose it shows that he is clean as a whistle.

Get a grip. :rolleyes:

Most of these haters are Celtic fans but unfortunately some are Rangers fans too but thankfully they are in the minority.    (tu)

The boy bleeds blue like me and is one of the best players in Britain...    Oh Barry Barry, Barry Barry Barry Barry Ferguson..    <bouncy>

(tu)

A disgraceful action???? is that not a bit strong for simpl phoning someone he knows well. Someone even suggested that Peter Martin was at Murray Park when Ferguson left so Fergie never even phoned them.

The only person he phoned was Iain King, biographer and close friend. Plus the story was obviously going to be front page news when the team was named at Firpark. So what is the big deal??

Its not as if there was something said in the dressing room that Le Guen wanted kept private and Ferguson went straight to the press!!!

Peter Martin was on the moon - there i have suggested something does it make it right ?

No Peter martin said on Radio Clyde on Tuesday 2nd january at about 2.20p.m. that Barry had phoned him at 2.30p.m. It was clear, it was unequivocable.

Just out the gates at murray park and he's running greeting to the media.

Some people, some Gers fans, just don't like Fergie.?

--Some thinks he splits dressing rooms (these people must be flies that buzz about Ibrox)?

Most of these haters are Celtic fans but unfortunately some are Rangers fans too but thankfully they are in the minority.? ? (tu)

The boy bleeds blue like me and is one of the best players in Britain...? ? Oh Barry Barry, Barry Barry Barry Barry Ferguson..? ? <bouncy>

(tu)

Peter Martin was on the moon - there i have suggested something does it make it right ?

No Peter martin said on Radio Clyde on Tuesday 2nd january at about 2.20p.m. that Barry had phoned him at 2.30p.m. It was clear, it was unequivocable.

Just out the gates at murray park and he's running greeting to the media.

Yeah how right you are.

Lets send Ferguson to Iraq and get him hung!!!!!! What a shocker that is!!!

;)

Just in case people don't realise (its happened before), i'm being sarcastic....

So far we've heard nothing concrete against Ferguson other than PLG's statements. PLG has met with his employers and they haven't backed him. It is clear that at least some of the players back Ferguson. We've seen how Ferguson has performed on the pitch this season.

I honestly can't see any reason to just accept PLG's point of view, when people much closer to the action haven't backed him

spot on mike

if barry was giving some players a bollicking then i back him 100%.Some players have been piss poor all season and needed a good kick up the arse. PLG wanted to go and thats why he dropped barry to give him an excuse to leave as he knew full well the reaction from the fans.

if barry was giving some players a bollicking then i back him 100%.Some players have been piss poor all season and needed a good kick up the arse. PLG wanted to go and thats why he dropped barry to give him an excuse to leave as he knew full well the reaction from the fans.

exactly, the quote from Le Guen after the motherwell game that stood out for me was when he said that "it depends on my situation".

He is not getting the blame....he is equally as guilty as Le Guen of making a mockery of our club by their use of the media.

Would you agree ?

No. Le Guen was the one that made it public by stripping Barry of the captaincy in what was an unprecedented move. Nobody, not even Barry expected it.

And why did he do this? Because they were having petty arguments in the dressing room which had been going on since as far back as September.

In my oppinion that is not Barry making a mockery of the club but PLG making a mockery of a player and taking a personal squabble too far. If he wanted to stop the arguing then he should have taken the time to sit down and speak to Barry and understand his point of view. Instead he is very childish.

That is the reason Le Guen is gone and Barry isn't imo. Sir David Murray wanted to sit everyone round the table and discuss it but PLG would not do that and therefore left the club. Take from that what you will but it is my oppinion that Barry was not at equal fault here even though he shouldn't have been getting invloved in arguments with the manager.

He is not getting the blame....he is equally as guilty as Le Guen of making a mockery of our club by their use of the media.

Would you agree ?

i really don't see how Ferguson has used the media, the story was going to get out that he was dropped.

Iain king, peter martin and viola have simply said that fergie is gutted....that isn't a surprise!!! Other than that Ferguson has kept a dignified silence.

I just hopes he speaks out to clear his name.

Looking at whats been said, it appears to me that PLG overreacted (massive understatement). TBH i don't know if he has used the media either, i would have been raging if he hadn't spoken out after the motherwell game.

What we know so far:

Spot on (tu)

And for all the ones on here spouting crap about wee Barry,understand this he only done his captains job for a club he loves!

Would you agree ?

No. Le Guen was the one that made it public by stripping Barry of the captaincy in what was an unprecedented move. Nobody, not even Barry expected it.

And why did he do this? Because they were having petty arguments in the dressing room which had been going on since as far back as September.

In my oppinion that is not Barry making a mockery of the club but PLG making a mockery of a player and taking a personal squabble too far. If he wanted to stop the arguing then he should have taken the time to sit down and speak to Barry and understand his point of view. Instead he is very childish.

That is the reason Le Guen is gone and Barry isn't imo. Sir David Murray wanted to sit everyone round the table and discuss it but PLG would not do that and therefore left the club. Take from that what you will but it is my oppinion that Barry was not at equal fault here even though he shouldn't have been getting invloved in arguments with the manager.

The matter of the captaincy BIC was already a very public...and may I add very embarassing affair....before PLG took the decision to strip Fergie of the captaincy. The press had a field day with the Rangers captain and manager at loggerheads.

To be honest its my opinion that the whole captaincy thing was just a front for the simmering feud between the two of them.

I fully agree with you...the pair of them should have sat down and resolved this in private...not continued with this via the press. In doing so they have both made a mockery of our club.

I also agree with your take on the parting of the ways...I think Sir David wanted Barry to stay at the club and PLG was not for it.

However I think its premature to say that the perception is that Barry was not at equal fault...we dont know yet what his fate will be....it appears clear if he stays it will not be in the capacity of captain. Hardly a "not guilty" I would respectfully suggest.

The matter of the captaincy BIC was already a very public...and may I add very embarassing affair....before PLG took the decision to strip Fergie of the captaincy. The press had a field day with the Rangers captain and manager at loggerheads.

To be honest its my opinion that the whole captaincy thing was just a front for the simmering feud between the two of them.

I fully agree with you...the pair of them should have sat down and resolved this in private...not continued with this via the press. In doing so they have both made a mockery of our club.

I also agree with your take on the parting of the ways...I think Sir David wanted Barry to stay at the club and PLG was not for it.

However I think its premature to say that the perception is that Barry was not at equal fault...we dont know yet what his fate will be....it appears clear if he stays it will not be in the capacity of captain. Hardly a "not guilty" I would respectfully suggest.

What you say regarding the argument about the importance of the captaincy i fully agree with. PLG should never have made the comment that the captaincy wasn't important in France and equally Barry should not have responded like he did when the question was posed. I think that the press were kept informed for too much on what was happening between the two but i also think that PLG may have used this Captaincy incident as a way out and something that could get him out without ruining his reputation. Whether he orchestrated it or not is up for debate and for another thread but to be honest i think Barry has conducted himself well apart from the comment about the captaincy. I respect the fact that you are willing to have a reasonable debate and are not blinded by hatred of Barry like some other members. (beer1)

What you say regarding the argument about the importance of the captaincy i fully agree with. PLG should never have made the comment that the captaincy wasn't important in France and equally Barry should not have responded like he did when the question was posed. I think that the press were kept informed for too much on what was happening between the two but i also think that PLG may have used this Captaincy incident as a way out and something that could get him out without ruining his reputation. Whether he orchestrated it or not is up for debate and for another thread but to be honest i think Barry has conducted himself well apart from the comment about the captaincy. I respect the fact that you are willing to have a reasonable debate and are not blinded by hatred of Barry like some other members. (beer1)

Contrary to what some on here may think BIC...BF is my favourite Rangers player by a country mile...however the facts which I have seen to date...some of which are irrefutable...have brought me to the position that I think that both manager and captain have failed to uphold the standards of Rangers Football Club...hence my stance.

But yes....good time for a cyber pint (beer1)

Contrary to what some on here may think BIC...BF is my favourite Rangers player by a country mile...however the facts which I have seen to date...some of which are irrefutable...have brought me to the position that I think that both manager and captain have failed to uphold the standards of Rangers Football Club...hence my stance.

But yes....good time for a cyber pint

Correct. You wouldn't have seen Gough and Walter having arguments in the press. All of that wouls have been done in the dressing room. I suppose a factor could be that Bary didn't have the respect for Le Guen as he has had for previous manager but for now i think i will leave it as a sad chapter in Rangers history and move on with hope that the new guy(s) can turn around our fortunes.

(beer1) Cheers.