***Scotland vs Italy*** - Rugby World CUp

Wullie!

So glad we are through, which is all that matters at the end of the day.

Makes me laugh with people like Wilkinson and Dan Carter from the All Black, moaning about the fact the ball is causing them to miss all these place kicks etc. Is that why Paterson hasn't missed a single kick yet? Using the same balls as JW and DC, yeh hasn't missed. Could it be that Wilko just isn't as good as he was 4 years ago, when let's face it he single handedly won the English the World cup ( and god haven't the English press constantly reminded us how great England are/ were!). Stats show that Paterson was the most succesful place kicker in recent years. Enough said!

Italy deserved it yesterday IMO due to being the more attacking team. Scotland were lucky.

I'd imagine Argentina will beat Scotland, however, Scotland have a chance.

Scotland definately have a chance. I watched Argentina beat Ireland today, and they deserved their win. They are a very frustrating team, they play no rugby at all in their own half just punt the ball straight back towards their opponents 22m line. They are strong in the lineout and play to that strength exceptionally well...

I'd still rather be facing them than the All Blacks though. :rolleyes:

They are a very frustrating team, they play no rugby at all in their own half just punt the ball straight back towards their opponents 22m line.

Most teams do that though outside the top 4 or 5 teams in the world.

Would be nice to see Scotland in the SF of the world cup, even if do get horsed.

I think that is a bit far to say he is the best in the world, however Hernandez is world class.

Alot of the Argentine squad have really came of age in this tournament. They have hit form at the right time.

Ireland whilst not as good as they were 18mths ago, are still a decent team. I'm annoyed I missed the game! I thought it was an 8pm kickoff thus stayed out till about 5ish.

the 2 guys who were at the argie- oirish game said he was one of if not the best player in the world and when jim rosenthal asked how scotland could stop him they said put him in jail :craphead:

I think it's a bit far to say he's the best in the world, especially at fly half as I really can't see past Carter for being the best in that position. He's quite a versatile player right enough and is world class in a few positions.

yeh the mentioned about him being the best full back in the world but he wanted to be best no.10 in the world or something like that <cr>

I think it's a bit far to say he's the best in the world, especially at fly half as I really can't see past Carter for being the best in that position. He's quite a versatile player right enough and is world class in a few positions.

He was superb today :(