lost wireless connection

redhand

hi every one hope some one can help me ? i lost my wireless internet connection i can still use my laptop but only with the two cables connected 1 lan cable from my modem into the wireless router and 1 from the wireless router into my laptop i phoned the tech support at belkin and he says to check if my wireless switch is on on my packard bell notebook but i had no idea what he was talking about and as he could not tell me where to locate this so called wireless switch i thought i would try some of you knowlegeable guys any help would be greatly appreciated thanks w.a.t.p

hi every one hope some one can help me ? i lost my wireless internet connection i can still use my laptop but only with the two cables connected 1 lan cable from my modem into the wireless router and 1 from the wireless router into my laptop i phoned the tech support at belkin and he says to check if my wireless switch is on on my packard bell notebook but i had no idea what he was talking about and as he could not tell me where to locate this so called wireless switch i thought i would try some of you knowlegeable guys any help would be greatly appreciated thanks w.a.t.p

Its a switch sometimes called "wifi" or has the symbol of a little antennae...like: ((i)) or something similar. On my VAIO laptop its on the front.

It needs to be switched on for your laptop to "see" the router however some laptops dont have a physical switch and have to be enabled thru "network connections" in the Internet options part of your computers "control panel"

Its a switch sometimes called "wifi" or has the symbol of a little antennae...like: ((i)) or something similar. On my VAIO laptop its on the front.

It needs to be switched on for your laptop to "see" the router however some laptops dont have a physical switch and have to be enabled thru "network connections" in the Internet options part of your computers "control panel"

ok thanks for that jr i will give it a go m8 as it is driving me fkn mental.