Gerrard reportedly in for Tav and Goldson

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Not by selling our best prospects that’s for sure. 😂

Players that Clement see as our future, to work with and develop into players that will bring us success.  

what you describe is selling our best assets and keeping our shite (because nobody will have them)  ergo we have a bang average team that continues to play second fiddle to them cunts in the East  

I’m dumbfounded that supporters think by selling our best players will give us money to buy even better players than what we just sold. It’s fucking bizarre and rarely has ever panned out that way. 
it’s a dream scenario a big fat unicorn of a strategy. 

Of course there is a balance to be struck because we need inward investment. But not when we only have three or four real assets. Let’s chat again when our team have won lots of stuff over a few seasons. But until then let’s just keep our best talent and put them to work 

Because that worked so well with the Gerrard squad.

1 minute ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Probably more likely that people have common sense as to how we need to operate as a club. Also because the club repeatedly tell us.

Well they need to shut it when we fail season after season 

Because not in over a decade have we sold our best players and reinvested that money in a winning team. 

naivety 

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

Because not in over a decade have we sold our best players and reinvested that money in a winning team. 

naivety 

Yes. Big time. But from you.

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

naivety 

I can deal with failing season after season if we're trying to improve, what I can't suffer is failing season after season standing still like you want.

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

Are you saying Diamonde, Sterling, Butland (hopefully Cortes) are not our future core?

The reality is that it’s always going to be our best players who are sold because a) they’ll be the players other teams want and b) The money made allows us to function as a normal club/business.

1 minute ago, J-Maestro said:

I can deal with failing season after season if we're trying to improve, what I can't suffer is failing season after season standing still like you want.

Standing still? You can’t read properly mate. I haven’t once said our current squad is good enough. We have a few decent players we need to hang onto that others are happy to get rid of. 

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Standing still? You can’t read properly mate. I haven’t once said our current squad is good enough. We have a few decent players we need to hang onto that others are happy to get rid of. 

And how do we finance the new signings you want to take us to the next level?

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Again answer the question how do you propose raising funds to get new players? You can't force someone to bid for our shite, you're living in Champ Man world yourself.

19 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

So was Boumsong but we got a great offer and reinvested it.

We won the league (helicopter Sunday) and league cup that year with the likes of Klos, Ricksen, Moore, Novo, Prso in the squad. 
Boumsong left and the following season we won fuck all, some re-investment that. 

13 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Think there’s a massive difference between people understanding that we as a club and a business are going to have to consider any large offers that come in for any of our players and people simply being “happy to get rid of” them and you are intelligent enough to know that.

7 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Again answer the question how do you propose raising funds to get new players? You can't force someone to bid for our shite, you're living in Champ Man world yourself.

It’s a balance. Decent youth set up (Patterson) decent scouting (Diamonde) and selling assets (Goldson, Souter, Lammers, Matondo for example)

there’s players that you can’t give away in a lucky bag so they need moved on at the end of their contract (Wright, Barisic, Lundsram) freeing up wages. 

I’m not saying it’s easy btw, but it’s harder to win stuff when you’re flogging your best players. 

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

We won the league (helicopter Sunday) and league cup that year with the likes of Klos, Ricksen, Moore, Novo, Prso in the squad. 
Boumsong left and the following season we won fuck all, some investment that. 

Did we not resign Ferguson with the Boumsong money?

31 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We go on about the club not being serious about a player trading model but some of our fans really aren’t ready for it either.

Diomande and Sterling would be here in 2034 if some of our support were in charge. 

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

It’s a balance. Decent youth set up (Patterson) decent scouting (Diamonde) and selling assets (Goldson, Souter, Lammers, Matondo for example)

there’s players that you can’t give away in a lucky bag so they need moved on at the end of their contract (Wright, Barisic, Lundsram) freeing up wages. 

I’m not saying it’s easy btw, but it’s harder to win stuff when you’re flogging your best players. 

You're fucking at it now, you can't just click a wee button and get Agent offers for any of your out of form/overpaid players.

If we want a proper budget unless the board is providing we will have to sacrifice one of our better players.

Ideally this Summer will be about generating money from players who wouldn’t really be missed.

Dessers has been a mixed bag (at best) but he’s still got 27 goal contributions from 48 games so somebody will probably take him for a “decent” fee.

Lammers has done well in Holland so we should at least be looking to break even on him.

Hagi has no future with us, but should still be able to bring in a couple of million from somewhere considering the money in the game now.

If we offload those three then the wages saved and the money brought in (you would be hoping for at least 7-8 million for the three of them) would give the manager a decent boost to the coffers.

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Ideally this Summer will be about generating money from players who wouldn’t really be missed.

Dessers has been a mixed bag (at best) but he’s still got 27 goal contributions from 48 games so somebody will probably take him for a “decent” fee

Lammers has done well in Holland so we should at least be looking to break even on him.

Hagi has no future with us, but should still be able to bring in a couple of million from somewhere considering the money in the game now.

If we offload those three then the wages saved and the money brought in (you would be hoping for at least 7-8 million for the three of them) would give the manager a decent boost to the coffers.

Tbh, bar Diomande, Danilo ( injured) and Sterling, most would happily accept any decent offer for the rest.

The reality is that Butland and Yilmaz will be the significant deals done.

34 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

I can’t. That’s clearly the difference 

10 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Dessers has been a mixed bag (at best) but he’s still got 27 goal contributions from 48 games so somebody will probably take him for a “decent” fee.

I'm not too sure sales will equal boosting to the coffers. Last summer we spent about £13m but brought in £10m. Any sales will probably just balance the books as much.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Tbh, bar Diomande, Danilo ( injured) and Sterling, most would happily accept any decent offer for the rest.

The reality is that Butland and Yilmaz will be the significant deals done.

I’m not convinced we will get the offers for Butland that we are maybe expecting to get.

We would want a massive fee to sell and I think the clubs who would pay that money for him already have keepers who he would struggle to displace.

I also think if Ramsdale and Keheller are going to be available this Summer then clubs would prioritise them over Butland because both are a lot younger.