Video Camera/DVD recorder question.

Poetry_In_Blue

For the techies out there, or just those that know the answer.

If I have a digital video camera can I put it straight onto a DVD if I have a recordable DVD player without having to load it onto a computer first.

I.E. Just plug the camera straight into the TV or back of the DVD player and record straight onto disc?

• 2 weeks later...

of course you can, if you have the correct leads and connectors.

your camera is basically acting as the player instead of your TV, and your DVD is recording it, as it does a pic from your telly etc.

likely you have red/yellow/white leads from your camera and a connector for these on your DVD recorder (possibly hidden under a flap at the front - at the side or rear.

alternatively - if you have not the right connectors, you could connect cam to tv and then record tv signal.

your camera is basically acting as the player instead of your TV, and your DVD is recording it, as it does a pic from your telly etc.

likely you have red/yellow/white leads from your camera and a connector for these on your DVD recorder (possibly hidden under a flap at the front - at the side or rear.

alternatively - if you have not the right connectors, you could connect cam to tv and then record tv signal.

(tu)

• 2 weeks later...

it may be that camera has a fire wire connector which you could use to connect direct onto your pc / dvd writer