In all honesty

Coopermania

we can't compete with the massive TV money in the EPL, I dont see how we can ever again attract the top players in all honesty.

Remember the 80's ? We attracted Terry Butcher, Chris Woods, Gary Stevens, Ray Wilkins, Paul Gascoigne, Trevor Steven, Mark Walters and more. All England Internationals, all top drawer material.

That would never happen today. I dont mean to sound so pessimistic, but its the way I see it :(

Thoughts ?

we can't compete with the massive TV money in the EPL, I dont see how we can ever again attract the top players in all honesty.

Remember the 80's ? We attracted Terry Butcher, Chris Woods, Gary Stevens, Ray Wilkins, Paul Gascoigne, Trevor Steven, Mark Walters and more. All England Internationals, all top drawer material.

That would never happen today. I dont mean to sound so pessimistic, but its the way I see it :(

Thoughts ?

I think you are absolutely right mate

Thoughts ?

Totally correct. The only thing that will keep players like Hutton in Scotland is their true loyalty and love for their club.

My thoughts are I agree with you completely

But there's a time to sell your assets, half way through the most important title race in almost a quarter of a cetury isn't that time

But there's a time to sell your assets, half way through the most important title race in almost a quarter of a cetury isn't that time

Why is it the most important title race in a quarter of a century??

agreed mate..also, the reason we were attracting top English talent in the late 80's was due to English clubs being banned and Rangers provided the opp. to still play in Europe without leaving to the continent

agreed mate..also, the reason we were attracting top English talent in the late 80's was due to English clubs being banned and Rangers provided the opp. to still play in Europe without leaving to the continent

And back then we could compete with them all on a financial level that we can't now

That was a factor definately, though the standard of football impressed those players, when the general opinion of Scottish Football down south was poor.

Point out a more important title race since Souness first took charge

After the Advocaat reign we were left in a financial mess

McLeish with very little income done his best and kudos to him, he won us trophies but it was clear we needed change

PLG came in much to great expectations, but it simply didn't work out and we now face the mockits possibly winning three championships in a row since Stein was in charge

The financial implications of losing this race coupled with the psychological aspects doesn't bear thinking about

Point out a more important title race since Souness first took charge

After the Advocaat reign we were left in a financial mess

McLeish with very little income done his best and kudos to him, he won us trophies but it was clear we needed change

PLG came in much to great expectations, but it simply didn't work out and we now face the mockits possibly winning three championships in a row since Stein was in charge

The financial implications of losing this race coupled with the psychological aspects doesn't bear thinking about

I wasn't doubting your opinion mate, just asking for your thoughts on what you said.