Leaders

Something that me and my mates were  discussing last night is the lack of leadership/ Rangers men who know what the club is all about

I'm happy to see Tav & Goldson move on but  do we really have anyone on the pitch or behind the scenes who fully understand what our club and traditions are all about....granted change is needed but we look like assembling a squad from allover the world who let's be honest will know very little to fuck all about what our club stands for, their are no Jimmy Bells, Walters, McCoist, Durrants, Fergusons or Goughs around the club, that would be for me a major concern with the over haul of players this summer 

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Something that me and my mates were  discussing last night is the lack of leadership/ Rangers men who know what the club is all about

I'm happy to see Tav & Goldson move on but  do we really have anyone on the pitch or behind the scenes who fully understand what our club and traditions are all about....granted change is needed but we look like assembling a squad from allover the world who let's be honest will know very little to fuck all about what our club stands for, their are no Jimmy Bells, Walters, McCoist, Durrants, Fergusons or Goughs around the club, that would be for me a major concern with the over haul of players this summer 

The club stands for winning. We don’t need anyone special behind the scenes to tell new players that. It’s a simple message. Just fucking win. 

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

No worries mate will be  50 thousand at Ibrox first home game of the season to let them know what’s expected lol 👊🏼

Aye....I hope they pick up the vibe fast, something that too many signings in recent windows clearly haven't picked up on

5 minutes ago, SPWF said:

The club stands for winning. We don’t need anyone special behind the scenes to tell new players that. It’s a simple message. Just fucking win. 

Point is we haven't been winning, I'm worried that their is no cunt about the place to drive home the message that anything other than winning is a failure in our part of the world, unfortunately too many modern day players have accepted if for what it is.....when we have been the dominant force our teams had a fair amount of Rangers men about the club....who can we actually say at the club is living the dream as a dyed in the wool Rangers man.....young Mcausland is really the only one

7 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Aye....I hope they pick up the vibe fast, something that too many signings in recent windows clearly haven't picked up on

I’m sure they picked up on the vibe mate, think that was loud and clear, they just didn’t have the mentally to be the winners we need. 

1 minute ago, SPWF said:

This is so overemphasised. How many in the tarriers line up are fans? Two of their regular starters are turncoats from our side ffs. :lol: We just need better players. 

They have 3 turncoat bastards who clearly don't mind when it comes to beating us, I don't think it is overemphasised....when we were last dominant under Walter we had plenty of Rangers men within the club on the park and behind the scenes, I just feel we don't have anycunt about the club anymore who hurts like the fans hurt when we get beat.....that needs to change 

I think too much emphasis gets put on this apparent need for someone who "knows the club" and is a "winner".

We just had Alex Rae on staff, he fits the bill for both, but I'd argue he offers fuck all benefit to having him on the staff. 

We're a football club that expects to win every game we play, no one needs some guy taking a wage to explain that to them.

It's on the walls, it's in the trophy room, it's in the stands.

19 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

They have 3 turncoat bastards who clearly don't mind when it comes to beating us, I don't think it is overemphasised....when we were last dominant under Walter we had plenty of Rangers men within the club on the park and behind the scenes, I just feel we don't have anycunt about the club anymore who hurts like the fans hurt when we get beat.....that needs to change 

You don’t need to be a Rangers man to care. 
Attitude and ability is what it’s all about.

You don't need to be a Protestant from Govan to be a leader or winner.  It's mentality not where you are from alone.

But it is a character trait that has seemed absent for a number of seasons.

We need to reestablish a winning mentality.

Back when we were dominate we had players that wouldn't accept 2nd best. Then when a trophy was won it was onto the next one. 

We've had guys like Goldson that was talking about lost hunger after 1 bloody trophy. 

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We need to reestablish a winning mentality.

Back when we were dominate we had players that wouldn't accept 2nd best. Then when a trophy was won it was onto the next one. 

We've had guys like Goldson that was talking about lost hunger after 1 bloody trophy. 

Their definitely was something wrong with the mentality, this forum has always had posters lamenting that "this group of players just don't get it"

For me that is a clear indication that the vast majority didn't really have a clue of the magnitude of the size of this club....I genuinely believe that the old famous statement that "second in Glasgow is nowhere " has been lost to the majority over the last few years

Unfortunately we don't have wee Jimmy Bell to mark new players cards anymore 

12 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Their definitely was something wrong with the mentality, this forum has always had posters lamenting that "this group of players just don't get it"

For me that is a clear indication that the vast majority didn't really have a clue of the magnitude of the size of this club....I genuinely believe that the old famous statement that "second in Glasgow is nowhere " has been lost to the majority over the last few years

Unfortunately we don't have wee Jimmy Bell to mark new players cards anymore 

Jimmy was there until relatively recently and never managed to make Tav Goldson etc any better at winning. Sound like a broken record, we just need better players. Couldn’t give a fuck where they’re from or who the supported growing up. 

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

They only became “Rangers men “ by winning stuff because they were decent at playing football. 

or is it you want a team full of Andy Halliday’s?

1 hour ago, Loyal72 said:

I think too much emphasis gets put on this apparent need for someone who "knows the club" and is a "winner".

We just had Alex Rae on staff, he fits the bill for both, but I'd argue he offers fuck all benefit to having him on the staff. 

We're a football club that expects to win every game we play, no one needs some guy taking a wage to explain that to them.

It's on the walls, it's in the trophy room, it's in the stands.

why would you argue that?

21 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Jimmy was there until relatively recently and never managed to make Tav Goldson etc any better at winning. Sound like a broken record, we just need better players. Couldn’t give a fuck where they’re from or who the supported growing up. 

Tav & Goldson played at a level for us that was good enough to reach a European final....that level alone should have been good enough to win more trophies, like it has been said too often their seems to have been an acceptance with many in recent years that second was acceptable...I hope you are right mate and a clearout is effective enough to do the trick