Rangers 1872-2008 Results (MSExcel 2007 Spreadsheet)

Brilliant Horse (tu)

Cheers Coop! (tu)

Once i've input every seasons Scottish Cups along with the League Cups (along with the remaining European ones we where involved in for each season) it'll be complete and the foundation will be set, from there it'll be easy for Bears/Bearettes to 'full in the gaps' from their own research!

I'll keep updating it til a) that's finished and b) and our total seasonal trophy count have been met! :rangers:

Brilliant Horse (tu)

Cheers Coop! (tu)

Once i've input the Scottish Cup and League Cup (along with the remaining European ones we where involved in for each season) it'll be complete and the foundation will be set, from there it'll be easy for Bears/Bearettes to 'full in the gaps' from their own research!

I'll keep updating it til a) that's finished and b) and our total seasonal trophy count have been met! :rangers:

Rectified the error over PLG being sacked yet?

Brilliant Horse (tu)

Cheers Coop! (tu)

Once i've input the Scottish Cup and League Cup (along with the remaining European ones we where involved in for each season) it'll be complete and the foundation will be set, from there it'll be easy for Bears/Bearettes to 'full in the gaps' from their own research!

:lol::lol:

All errors pointed out to me (none :cool: ) have been changed!

So.. no it hasn't! Just a matter of opinion on this one mate as (in my opinion) Murray had the choice of supporting PLG or supporting the Rebels and he choose to... SUPPORT THE REBELS!

PLG was put in charge of the club and when Murray refused to back him he AFFECTIVELY sacked him!

Brilliant Horse (tu)

Cheers Coop! (tu)

:lol::lol:

All errors pointed out to me (none :cool: ) have been changed!

So.. no it hasn't! Just a matter of opinion on this one mate as (in my opinion) Murray had the choice of supporting PLG or supporting the Rebels and he choose to... SUPPORT THE REBELS!

PLG was put in charge of the club and when Murray refused to back him he AFFECTIVELY sacked him!

I thought so. Databases are for facts and the fact is that PLG resigned. Yes you can argue that he was effectively sacked but you could say the same for Dick Advocaat or even Alex McLeish. 'Effectively' in it's self means that it is not a fact. You should change that it or you are deliberately including something you know to be false. That is not the way any database should be compiled.

Didn't he leave by mutual consent..? Covers both theories nicely... :)

Databases should be about facts Frankie. PLG resigned from his contract...that is not a theory. ;)

I've just typed a looongg INDEPTH reply to that (something wrong with server or RM, and I lost the piece), but i'll summarise it!

First, I don't think it was 'mutual consent'!!!

Mutual Consent was true in the case of Alex and Dick but NOT PLG!

PLG was given a Job at Ibrox and when the rebels rebelled he was told HOW to do his job and he quite rightly told Murray "Support me in the job you hired me to do, or sack me". The rest is just kidology and I for one didn't fall for it! :rolleyes:

Officially, he resigned but truthfully that was a pack of lies! Officially Rangers were formed in 1873 (according to the club) so should I change that to 1872? No way either are getting changed!

Database = Base for data. Database and Debate sound alike and there's likely a logical reason for that - as it's true in many occasions!

You, haven't convinced me but keep going anyway I LOVE A GOOD DEBATE!

Databases should be about facts Frankie. PLG resigned from his contract...that is not a theory. ;)

Yes but he was asked to resign - so one could also determine he was effectively sacked.

Mutual consent is perfect as it that's how it happened.

From the official site:

Past Managers - Paul Le Guen

THE Frenchman lasted only seven months as Rangers manager when he mutally agreed to leave on January 4 after just 31 matches.

I've just typed a looongg INDEPTH reply to that (something wrong with server or RM, and I lost the piece), but i'll summarise it!

PLG was given a Job at Ibrox and when the rebels rebelled he was told HOW to do his job and he quite rightly told Murray "Support me in the job you hired me to do, or sack me". The rest is just kidology and I for one didn't fall for it! :rolleyes:

Officially, he resigned but truthfully that was a pack of lies! Officially Rangers were formed in 1873 (according to the club) so should I change that to 1872? No way either are getting changed!

Database = Base for data. Database and Debate sound alike and there's likely a logical reason for that - as it's true in many occasions!

No debate needed. You have just said that officially he resigned, which he did, so that is what should be in any serious record. Databases/records are not for projecting theories or opinions. It's a shame you take that attitude as the file is otherwise very impressive.

BTW...would you agree that Dick Advocaat was 'effectively' sacked from the manager's job? You make no comment about him other than he was 'replaced' by Alex McLeish.

Yes but he was asked to resign - so one could also determine he was effectively sacked.

Mutual consent is perfect as it that's how it happened.

From the official site:

Past Managers - Paul Le Guen

THE Frenchman lasted only seven months as Rangers manager when he mutally agreed to leave on January 4 after just 31 matches.

Well fair point but the simple fact remains that PLG was not sacked. DA and AM also left the manager's post by mutual consent I'd say....would you agree?

Difficult to give accurate conclusions about any of the last four managers (PLG, AM, DA and WS - first spell) actually. Different statements were made from the club to remove bad press essentially but 'mutual agreement' could cover them all.

1. PLG left by mutual agreement. Personally I'd say he was sacked.

2. AM left the club after his contract was terminated early. He and club suggested this was through his choice but again I'd say he was sacked.

3. DA moved upstairs to become DoF. Again, essentially I'd say he was sacked from being team manager.

4. WS left the club at the end of his contract. Resigned is how I'd put that one.

Not as easy as it looks.

Difficult to give accurate conclusions about any of the last four managers (PLG, AM, DA and WS - first spell) actually. Different statements were made from the club to remove bad press essentially but 'mutual agreement' could cover them all.

2. AM left the club after his contract was terminated early. He and club suggested this was through his choice but again I'd say he was sacked.

3. DA moved upstairs to become DoF. Again, essentially I'd say he was sacked from being team manager.

4. WS left the club at the end of his contract. Resigned is how I'd put that one.

Not as easy as it looks.

No it isn't but I'd agree with your assessment in all cases. My point though is that databases are not the place for opinions. PLG resigned his position...that is a fact.

No other manager has his reason for leaving commented on actually...even Davie White, wasn't there some dispute over whether he was sacked or resigned?

PLG never resigned his position though. He left by 'mutual agreement' - that was the official reason given to the stockmarket and the one which should appear in the records - no matter how general it may appear.

PLG never resigned his position though. He left by 'mutual agreement' - that was the official reason given to the stockmarket and the one which should appear in the records - no matter how general it may appear.

Well surely he would have to resign his contract to leave by mutual agreement? Fair point though. Fact remains...he was not officially sacked and putting that in a database/record, knowing it's not factual, is wrong. That was my point.

Not as easy as it looks.

No it isn't but I'd agree with your assessment in all cases. My point though is that databases are not the place for opinions. PLG resigned his position...that is a fact.

No other manager has his reason for leaving commented on actually...even Davie White, wasn't there some dispute over whether he was sacked or resigned?

No that was Scot Symon.

Yes, but he'd have to be asked to resign to leave by mutual agreement. ;)

It's a very grey area so 'mutual agreement' is arguably the best thing to say for accuracy/factual reasons.

True. Either that or no comment made...just like all the other managers.

No that was Scot Symon.

Ah right. My mistake.

Surely that is supposition? How do you know what PLG and Murray said? The version that you have stated is not the version that I have heard, for example. you admit that you don't "think" it was mutual consent, but legally it must have been if that was what was disclosed to the stock market.

PS Well done on the spreadsheet. :clap: