PS3 online help....

Del

Alright guys,

i have had my ps3 linked up to my router for a few months now but it pissed me off and seemed to grind my net to a halt when i wasnt using it on my pc. Not sure if other people were using my network as i hadnt protected it properly but to cut a long story short i got rid of the router.

Is there anyway i can connect my ps3 online if its wired? I tried it before and it didnt pick it up?

Im with Virgin Media and ive heard that they dont like you doing it as it mucks about with the IP?

Any ideas guys?

Plug your broadband cable straight into the back of the playstation (tu)

You will probably have to go back into the settings and change it from wireless to wired..

Doesn't mess with your IP.

I tried that mate and it didnt work, dont know why??

Ive got my wireless connected now anyway. Had the wrong security settings but ive got it working now!

Cheers mate

Alright guys,

i have had my ps3 linked up to my router for a few months now but it pissed me off and seemed to grind my net to a halt when i wasnt using it on my pc. Not sure if other people were using my network as i hadnt protected it properly but to cut a long story short i got rid of the router.

Is there anyway i can connect my ps3 online if its wired? I tried it before and it didnt pick it up?

Im with Virgin Media and ive heard that they dont like you doing it as it mucks about with the IP?

Any ideas guys?

tbh there is a good chance someone else was using your network. i helped my mate set up his ps3 online and when it scanned for his router it was picking up his neighbours. signal strength was only like 50% but still, he could have used it.

Alright guys,

Any ideas guys?

tbh there is a good chance someone else was using your network. i helped my mate set up his ps3 online and when it scanned for his router it was picking up his neighbours. signal strength was only like 50% but still, he could have used it.

I think thats what it was mate!

I didnt know what settings to use, ive always used WEP but when i set up my router it had some other option selected as reccomended so went with that!

But ive just reset my router, entered new settings(WEP) and im downloading updates n stuff and on here at the same time!

Happy days!