English media have ignored Rangers Uefa Cup success

Wait till we win it.

Couple that with a Man U Champions League Triump and you'll soon have the English media proclaiming the great British dominance of European football.

When we fail we are Scots, when we win we are British.

but surely teams from the spl and the premiership winning it would be British dominance of European football?

Also your last sentence is the most tired out, unsubstantiated pile of shite that i keep hearing every so often.

it isnt shite at all mate, ive noticed it myself, thats the media for you though.

KEY example of this, how come there are 3 ENGLISH teams in the last 4 of Champs League, but only 1 British team in UEFA Semis? As reported on Sky Sports News & Setanta Sports news?

Either its 3 English and 1 Scottish or 3 British & 1 British!?!?!

Wait till we win it.

Couple that with a Man U Champions League Triump and you'll soon have the English media proclaiming the great British dominance of European football.

When we fail we are Scots, when we win we are British.

but surely teams from the spl and the premiership winning it would be British dominance of European football?

Also your last sentence is the most tired out, unsubstantiated pile of shite that i keep hearing every so often.

it isnt shite at all mate, ive noticed it myself, thats the media for you though.

KEY example of this, how come there are 3 ENGLISH teams in the last 4 of Champs League, but only 1 British team in UEFA Semis? As reported on Sky Sports News & Setanta Sports news?

Either its 3 English and 1 Scottish or 3 British & 1 British!?!?!

A key example of you looking for something that isnt there?

It's quite simple. The Uefa cup had 3 English teams who got knocked out, so Rangers are the last British team left in the cup. No Scottish team got through to the semi's, let alone the group stages. Im sure if Rangers, or dare i say it, the tims, were there instead of Barca, it would be an 'all British semi final'.

So why the need to distinguish which part of the British Isles the teams are from?

Clearly if they are talking about British teams, they should say 3 British teams in semis of Champs league, 1 British team in semi of uefa.

By distinguishing that it is not just 3 British teams, but 3 ENGLISH teams they are making it out as if english teams deserve special mention.

So why doesn't the fact that rangers are scottish deserve special mention? Because that would detract attention away from the 'britishness'.

Bullshit double standards

It will be good for Rangers, thats all I care about.

You can say its good for Jamaican football for all I care.

:rangers:

its good for Jamaican football

Ya maaaaaaaaan :smo:

The English media use the term British to acknowledge the achievments of Scots so the people of England feel something for the team. If it's a Scottish team they don't care as much but if it's British then they can appreciate it better. Think people who complain about this stuff are clutching at straws. I don't get any Rangers games where I am so I get most of my news via BBC and I can say they have been very diligent in their praise for Rangers run and have always referred to them as a Scottish team.

So why the need to distinguish which part of the British Isles the teams are from?

Clearly if they are talking about British teams, they should say 3 British teams in semis of Champs league, 1 British team in semi of uefa.

By distinguishing that it is not just 3 British teams, but 3 ENGLISH teams they are making it out as if english teams deserve special mention.

So why doesn't the fact that rangers are scottish deserve special mention? Because that would detract attention away from the 'britishness'.

Oh come on :lol:

Clutching at some fine straws ffs doh

Clutching at some fine straws ffs doh

I agree. It's because English people wouldn't identify as well with Scottishness as Britishness. As long as it gets people in England talking about Rangers in a positive light I don't give a rats whether they say we're Scottish or British.

The hell with Manchester Celtic taking the CL. Rangers and Chelsea!

The hell with Manchester Celtic taking the CL. Rangers and Chelsea!

The blues brothers

:unionflag: