Mcgeady - Shut it yah Prick!

AIDEN McGEADY today cranked up the pressure on Rangers ahead of Sunday's crunch Old Firm game at Celtic Park.

The newly-crowned Scottish Player of the Year believes another victory against Walter Smith's side would not only push Gordon Strachan's men five points clear but give the reigning champions a huge psychological boost going into the final month of the season.

Even though Rangers have three games in hand, McGeady is convinced having the points on the board at this stage of the campaign is the most important thing.

advertisement

The 22-year-old already has plenty experience - good and bad - of what can happen when the heat is turned up at the business end of the season.

And he said: "If we are a few points ahead of Rangers and they have games in hand, that's fair enough - but they still have to win those games. With us winning, it puts the pressure on.

"I think you could say we have an advantage because we won the last Old Firm game. The fact we won for the first time since Walter Smith became manager of Rangers will give us a big psychological boost."

Since becoming a regular three years ago, McGeady has never finished a season without a winner's medal. And he is determined not to let it happen this time.

He already has trophies to show for what has been his best ever season, with the Players' Player of the Year and Young Player award in his cabinet.

But a third SPL medal is what he wants and McGeady believes this weekend's match could open the door to this.

He said: "You don't need to get yourself up for Rangers games. You know how big they are.

"I'd definitely give up personal honours for the championship. The SPL title is the thing. We still have a chance, and the way we've been playing lately we have started to get our second wind.

"If we can beat Rangers on Sunday we can put an awful lot of pressure on them."

Shunsuke Nakamura is back on the training field and putting himself forward for Sunday, despite damaging a foot earlier this week.

The Japanese midfielder will wear a strapping to protect his injury and said: "As long as I have that strapping, I will be fine."

Celtic hope for further good news today from the other walking wounded, Andreas Hinkel, Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink, Paul Hartley and Lee Naylor.

The club have issued a reminder to all fans after the previous Old Firm game was marred by missile throwing.

Chief executive Peter Lawwell warned: "While our support at the last match was again incredible, we have received reports of objects being thrown from both sets of fans.

"Clearly Celtic as a club finds this completely unacceptable and we are doing all we can to identify those responsible.

"We will continue to treat this with great seriousness should it occur again."

Publication date 25/04/08

Oh how I'd love to bring back Alan Hutton for just one game, that wee turncoat bastard would probably feign injury so as he wouldn't have to play, I cannot stand the wee sniveling bastard!!

Nah...big Tam Forsyth would do the trick I have in mind!!

;)

Best thing to do to shut the fucker up, do the talking on the park and beat those bastards!

I have never wanted an Old Firm win as much as I have this time around.