The reason why we often lose the ball is the lack of movement within the team

Boab

I don't just mean today, not at all.

But the old phrase 'pass and move' is not often done well enough IMO by our midfield (but also throughout the team) and thats why we lose the ball so much and not I don't think, because we can't pass from A and B.

We seen today that Furman was making good angles, shows our youngsters are being coached well, and we sometimes need to see that more of that from our own senior players, from every position.

Why dont you send this to Walter, im sure he could use your experience.

I thought I would be coming home to some positive threads today from a good performance and 3 points in the bag.

:rolleyes:

I thought I would be coming home to some positive threads today from a good performance and 3 points in the bag.

You're having a laugh mate

I've addressed this already :rolleyes::sleep:

1st touch was terrible, bad passing and overall pretty poor.

Anybody?

Was at the game - my opinion is your opinion is nonsense!

Dailey won a lot of headers and tackles and made himself available a lot fo rthe ball.

I ask myself - why do 'Fans' always need to find someone who is pish. Novo was superb, as were celleur and Ferquson (and Thomson before he went off). The rest did there job well and we WON 3 - 1!

I came back from the match and commented on an individual and indeed I havn't been really criticscing him recently where other have.

It may look as if I havn't been positive about the game but I did come home and post a thread praising Furman but there already had been a thread on him and that was merged with it and thats fair enough.

Addressed the fact you think you know how our players should be moving better than Walter Smith?

Where does it say that in your quote?

No. The accusation of only being negative.

I don't just mean today, not at all.

But the old phrase 'pass and move' is not often done well enough IMO by our midfield

There's no awards for the screamingly obvious I know - but we aren't blessed with many players who are very comfortable on the ball. Our team fights doggedly, runs all day long and offer a massive spirit to make the most of the limited skills.

Broadfoot, Whittaker, Novo, Adam, Boyd and more are balanced by Ferguson, Thomson, Papac and the like and, given the newness of this team, it's a balance that's worked. Smith will surely inject more craft and flair over the summer.

But we must not lose the Aye Ready mindset so beautifully prevalent in the current side :rangers:

Addressed the fact you think you know how our players should be moving better than Walter Smith?

Where does it say that in your quote?

No. The accusation of only being negative.

Could you point that quote out for me? I never said that.

No problems at all with what Boab has pointed out, I agree 100%.

There is a difference in terms of being overly negative in a general sense......and pointing out specific issues in a constructively critical way.

The movement within our side is very poor, and that was on show again at times today. Furman looked like a really good footballer to me, knew what he was doing off the ball and this indeed may be largely down to our coaching staff, who deserve credit for a promising set of youngsters we have coming through.

Some of our players need to be on their toes a bit more, and rather than just watching their team-mate in possession, be a bit more aware of what is going on around them, as well as looking for space to move into.

Some good signs today though in the first half, I thought we used the ball much better than we have done in a while and showed more patience. If the ball had to go back or sideways, we did that and started again, rather than just hoofing it up the park at every opportunity.

There is a difference in terms of being overly negative in a general sense......and pointing out specific issues in a constructively critical way.

The movement within our side is very poor, and that was on show again at times today. Furman looked like a really good footballer to me, knew what he was doing off the ball and this indeed may be largely down to our coaching staff, who deserve credit for a promising set of youngsters we have coming through.

Some of our players need to be on their toes a bit more, and rather than just watching their team-mate in possession, be a bit more aware of what is going on around them, as well as looking for space to move into.

Some good signs today though in the first half, I thought we used the ball much better than we have done in a while and showed more patience. If the ball had to go back or sideways, we did that and started again, rather than just hoofing it up the park at every opportunity.

Very well stated and I agree with all that you say.

Dado.................. take heed!

:harhar: :harhar:

Yer a pair of whinging bastards! :harhar:

Yer a pair of whinging bastards! :harhar:

I love you too!!

I agree with the lack of movement bewtween the middle and frontI said it in the Hibs post thatwe stand back and watch the player in possession instead of moving and trying to drag players out of position. In the Hibs game there was no urgency in the play until the last twenty minutes but now it seems that we are aware the finishing line is in sight and the team is finding the adrenalin to go for it. More confident about Wednesday and the league now than after the Hibs game.

:lol: Boab is so experienced in that line of work that we should all bow to his knowledge. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...