Realistically can Walter get away with playing so defensively next season?

nvager

Never forget that some of our MOST exciting teams were during Smiths first time - including buying Laudrup and Gascoigne.

Smith will look to deliver better football next year - but exciting football is NOTHING without winning. We need to be prepared that Walter will use 451 - especially in Europe. Remember WS has said that it takes 3 years to build a team. Step one stabilise and make us hard to beat. Thats been achieved: Step tow build in more quality and flair, while still being hard to beat. That work begins during the summer.

Good post mate (tu)

We have built our strong(ish) foundations, now we need to build on them.

Never forget that some of our MOST exciting teams were during Smiths first time - including buying Laudrup and Gascoigne.

Smith will look to deliver better football next year - but exciting football is NOTHING without winning. We need to be prepared that Walter will use 451 - especially in Europe. Remember WS has said that it takes 3 years to build a team. Step one stabilise and make us hard to beat. Thats been achieved: Step tow build in more quality and flair, while still being hard to beat. That work begins during the summer.

Spot on (tu) .

Were both of you watching 9IAR with your eyes closed?

We didn't play anything LIKE exciting football during 9IAR. We had a few flair players but we mostly grafted.

Spot on (tu) .

Were both of you watching 9IAR with your eyes closed?

We didn't play anything LIKE exciting football during 9IAR. We had a few flair players but we mostly grafted.

When did I mention 9IAR? What does that have to do with anything right now?

When did I defend graft with nothing else to offer? Or our recent results?

Did you read any of my earlier posts on this thread?

I'll clarify: I agree with what the chap said in regards to building a strong foundation and integrating flair players into a solid team. I've consistently agreed with those who say this a transitional period and rebuilding is required and it might take time. Also, we've come some distance from last season.

I also feel that lessons have to learned as to why a potentially record breaking season is crumbling so quickly around us.

The big worry I have now (Scottish Cup aside) is that we are not rebuilding, we are just treading water and getting ready for more of the same. With the likely signing of Kenny Misser it seems that next season will be more of the same.

something needs to change we have hardly won a game outright since february if our recent results were at the start of the season i'm think WS would have stepped down or been sacked.

Total agreement, where would we have been if we still had PLG this season. The man knows what he's doing, that's why he's manager and getting the wages for it.

I never believed we would be where we are at the start of the season. He's building on our strengths!

Next season the league is a must for him if we don't win it this season, any season without a title is considered a failure, Walter will get away with it this season because hes improved us but it'll be a must next year!

Hit the nail right on the napper (tu) .