£30 million

£30m could of built us a quality squad from top to bottom. Instead our manager wasted millions on complete and utter sh*te like, Whittaker, Mhiller, McCulloch....and filled it with dumplings like Broadfoot, Dailly, Graeme Smith, Darcheville.

And having spent all that money, we are still a quality RB, CB, RM/W and ST away from being a good side. Another reason why this must be Smith's last season.

£30m could of built us a quality squad from top to bottom. Instead our manager wasted millions on complete and utter sh*te like, Whittaker, Mhiller, McCulloch....and filled it with dumplings like Broadfoot, Dailly, Graeme Smith, Darcheville.

And having spent all that money, we are still a quality RB, CB, RM/W and ST away from being a good side. Another reason why this must be Smith's last season.

The funny things is, there were a lot of bears at the start of last season who thought JCD was a god send and he was a complete flash in the pan donkey

The funny things is, there were a lot of bears at the start of last season who thought JCD was a god send and he was a complete flash in the pan donkey

There is nothing easier than looking back and saying "how foolish..."

We call them monday morning quarterbacks here in the states. People who are continually looking backwards with I told you so stamped on their foreheads. Woulda, shoulda, coulda.

Walter saved our butts with a healthy dose of team-asskick after PLG. He's made some blunders since but what people should remember is what we went through between a loss to dunfermline under PLG to the loss at Kaunas. All we can do now, all anyone can do, is pick up and move on and make the most of this season.

It's hard to believe how behind Walter this board was when we were in line for a 4play.

Hope it's sunny on Sunday in Scotland. <_<

We call them monday morning quarterbacks here in the states. People who are continually looking backwards with I told you so stamped on their foreheads. Woulda, shoulda, coulda.

Walter saved our butts with a healthy dose of team-asskick after PLG. He's made some blunders since but what people should remember is what we went through between a loss to dunfermline under PLG to the loss at Kaunas. All we can do now, all anyone can do, is pick up and move on and make the most of this season.

It's hard to believe how behind Walter this board was when we were in line for a 4play.

PLG was not the manager when we lost to Dunfirmline but let's not let a little thing like facts get in the way. Many people were criticising Smith for his signings, and lack of, before the Kaunus result, as well as his tactics. Personally my view of the manager has been formed over his entire career and even if he got us to the CL, which he should have given the very lucky draw we got, I'd still think of him as an average manager.

PLG was not the manager when we lost to Dunfirmline but let's not let a little thing like facts get in the way. Many people were criticising Smith for his signings, and lack of, before the Kaunus result, as well as his tactics. Personally my view of the manager has been formed over his entire career and even if he got us to the CL, which he should have given the very lucky draw we got, I'd still think of him as an average manager.

Right, a week prior PLG was gone and poor Durranty was left holdin the bag.

The rest, hard to argue with though. I still thank him for pullin us up by our bootstraps during some very dark days indeed.

Smith has achieved good things since he came back, you'd be a fool to deny it.

But that Kaunas result when you consider the goings on the previous season, the dreadful quality of the opposition, the complete lack of first team signings made after plenty of warning signs in pre season, and the desperate damage done to our European reputation, was most certainly the worst in our history.

All this rubbish that “Smith steadied the ship” and what a job he has done, does my head in. He had the easiest job in world football. All he had to do was be better than PLG. My granny could have done it.

All this rubbish that “Smith steadied the ship” and what a job he has done, does my head in. He had the easiest job in world football. All he had to do was be better than PLG. My granny could have done it.

He did steady the ship. You can't deny we were going the entirely wrong direction when he took over, nor that we were fighting for and had a realistic chance at a quadruple.

If your granny could have done it then why aren't you playing?

He did steady the ship. You can't deny we were going the entirely wrong direction when he took over, nor that we were fighting for and had a realistic chance at a quadruple.

If your granny could have done it then why aren't you playing?

Not trying to deny that he did steady the ship, all im saying is that PLG had done such a poor job that the only way was up, therfore was not hard for any half brain to take us forward. Smith is a donkey. Sooner he goes the better.

Right, a week prior PLG was gone and poor Durranty was left holdin the bag.

The rest, hard to argue with though. I still thank him for pullin us up by our bootstraps during some very dark days indeed.

PLG had already turned the corner, and although we were still no where near the standard required for Rangers, we had conceded only 6 goals in our previous 10 games and had moved into second place after a piss poor start. This is often ignored by those overblowing what Smith 'achieved' that season. That's ignoring the advantage Smith had with his captain and best player and his clique getting behind the team.

Anyway, even if PLG was the world's worst manager, that has nothing to do with the fact that Smith was to blame for the fiasco against Kaunus or his overall ability as a manager.