Kyle: I knew Celtic were on a hiding in derby tie

OlegKuznetsov

KYLE LAFFERTY was awestruck by Rangers 4-2 Old Firm triumph over Celtic - but knew it was coming.

The Northern Ireland international watched from the bench as his team-mates inflicted a morale-sapping win over their old rivals at Parkhead.

He said: "It was a fantastic atmosphere and hopefully there will be more to come.

"But the performance didn't really surprise me - we have been doing it in training.

"We just knew that we were going out to batter a team and thankfully it was Celtic."

Lafferty was at Ibrox to publicise an initiative to let fans under the age of 16 attend tomorrow's home game against Kilmarnock for £7.

And he revealed he sent Kirk Broadfoot a congratulatory text just five minutes after the much-maligned Ibrox defender marked his Scotland debut with a goal against Iceland.

Broadfoot was memorably termed a player of "limited ability" by Scotland boss George Burley last week after being called in to the national squad for the World Cup qualifying double-header against Macedonia and Iceland.

A 1-0 defeat in Macedonia led to the former St Mirren defender making his debut in Reykjavik on Wednesday night where his first-half header from a Barry Robson corner helped the Scots to a crucial 2-1 win.

Laff said: "A lot of people doubted him, but if you watch him in training every day, you just know he can play and do well in international football."

10:49am today

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/misc/print.php?artid=2445455

Back

I like the cut of his jib! :D

:rangers:

KYLE LAFFERTY was awestruck by Rangers 4-2 Old Firm triumph over Celtic - but knew it was coming.

The Northern Ireland international watched from the bench as his team-mates inflicted a morale-sapping win over their old rivals at Parkhead.

He said: "It was a fantastic atmosphere and hopefully there will be more to come.

"But the performance didn't really surprise me - we have been doing it in training.

"We just knew that we were going out to batter a team and thankfully it was Celtic."

Lafferty was at Ibrox to publicise an initiative to let fans under the age of 16 attend tomorrow's home game against Kilmarnock for £7.

And he revealed he sent Kirk Broadfoot a congratulatory text just five minutes after the much-maligned Ibrox defender marked his Scotland debut with a goal against Iceland.

Broadfoot was memorably termed a player of "limited ability" by Scotland boss George Burley last week after being called in to the national squad for the World Cup qualifying double-header against Macedonia and Iceland.

A 1-0 defeat in Macedonia led to the former St Mirren defender making his debut in Reykjavik on Wednesday night where his first-half header from a Barry Robson corner helped the Scots to a crucial 2-1 win.

Laff said: "A lot of people doubted him, but if you watch him in training every day, you just know he can play and do well in international football."

10:49am today

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/misc/print.php?artid=2445455

Back

I like the cut of his jib! :D

:rangers:

haha yas well said more to come from us bears we battered them at the glitterdome and we will slaughter them at ibrox!! :rangers: :unionflag: