One Extreme To The Other?

BlueIsTheColour

I think it is safe to say that under Paul Le Guen we were shocking at defending but we scored alot of goals and created alot of chances. But now that Walter has come in he has made it his priority to get in defenders (rightly so) and has seemed to miss out on any attacking player thus far. This seems to have led to us being good at defending but not creative enough going forward.

Now the transfer window is not over and more players will certainly arive before Wednesday night but what if we are still not scoring enough goals? Is it fair to say that Walter has taken us from one extreme to the other? Or have we just had two off-games in the striking department?

What needs to be done in the team to establish a good balance between defending and attacking? Thoughts please.

No we still have the same players in midfield and up front, scored 5 against DU. The last two games we've missed Prso and the midfield has been poor. Boyd also has been injured in these games and very heavy pitches have not helped.

We NEED new m/fielders, winger and a striker badly.

:unsure:

Interesting point, i was actually thinking the same.

Both defence and midfeild needed sorted out, and hes started off at the back, which has been far more stable.

I think the midfeild run out of ideas too often, and the strikers end up not getting the proper service. The quality of crosses from the fullbacks is poor aswell.

Unfortunatley, this is just a very ordinary team at the moment.

I think its a little harsh to say one extreme to the other.

look at the changes Walt has made, all he has done has changed the 2 CB's, his forward 6 are EXACTLY the same, and unless ive missed something - have exactly the same license to get forward.

Something i have noticed tho, is now that we have strengthened at the back, teams which wouldve came and had a go and opened up - are now sitting back and making us break them down.

This i feel is why we are not free-scoring as before, but that will come with confidence and additions to the squad

Something i have noticed tho, is now that we have strengthened at the back, teams which wouldve came and had a go and opened up - are now sitting back and making us break them down.

This i feel is why we are not free-scoring as before, but that will come with confidence and additions to the squad

That is a very good point. You could be onto something there. (tu)

That is a very good point. You could be onto something there. (tu)

It's spot on. Hearts reverted to defensive tactics when they realised we weren't as fragile at the back as we usually are. That left us with the problem of breaking them down which is where we now are struggling. Without seeming like I'm repeating myself, we are badly missing Prso and badly need cover for him.

Making any decision on whether we are defensively sound or not under Walter is far too premature.

We played an understrength Dundee united team and the score flattered us.

We played the bottom team in the league who cannot score against anybody just now

and we played a Hearts team who made little attempt to score and who felt comfortable enough against us to droip their two best players

Far too early to make any assessment of Walter's defensive organisation.

By the time we have played Tel Aviv twice and Celtic away we should have a clearer picture.

Making any decision on whether we are defensively sound or not under Walter is far too premature.

We played an understrength Dundee united team and the score flattered us.

We played the bottom team in the league who cannot score against anybody just now

and we played a Hearts team who made little attempt to score and who felt comfortable enough against us to droip their two best players

Far too early to make any assessment of Walter's defensive organisation.

By the time we have played Tel Aviv twice and Celtic away we should have a clearer picture.

(tu)