Walter will live or die by this decision....

CF5LOYAL

Win the League and Smith will be back to Super Legend status.

Lose the league and Smith has to put in his resignation and say he got it wrong.

Massive gamble by Smith on this one.

As I said thats if it's Smiths decision to sell him and not Murray forcing his hand.

i dont think it has anything to do with smith

its murray who decides who has to go when the big bucks comes in

only person that should be leaving rangers at this stage for me is murray

never thought i would say that but i have now submitted to the fact

this man is ruining our club

or die literally in the next few days meaning he wont have to be sold

Bad form to take it that far.

Lets just hope he gets injured until February the 2nd at 5pm. <_<

it wasnt meant in a bad way

just him and murray are both a disgrace and i really wish they would fuck off and stop harming the club

In my view......it was a bigger gamble to play Kris Boyd in the last Old Firm game, than it would be to sell him for £4m.

You could say you live and die by team selection too, he went against his instincts, we fail to score for the first time in 9 Old Firm games and we lose our 100% winning record at Ibrox under Smith. If we won that game, we'd be top of the table tonight, instead of 5 points behind.

Life is full of gambles, but when it comes to Boyd Smith has generally got it right. He needs to go back to his true instincts, bite the hand off Birmingham if they make an offer approaching £4m, and look to bring in a striker more capable of causing Celtic problems in the remaining Old Firm games.

What a ridiculous thread.

The sensationalism that people are attaching to this potential transfer is really starting to annoy me.

How is it rediculous, just because you back the sale of Boyd. We all know you are not a fan.

You take a poll of every fan and i'd imagine 80% of fans would rather Boyd stayed than be sold. This is a massive gamble by Walter, this isn't in the summer. This is mid season with the league still a realistic possiblility. Selling our top goalscorer is going to trun out to be a masterstroke or make Smith look like a retard.

Thats IF it it his decision.

What a ridiculous thread.

The sensationalism that people are attaching to this potential transfer is really starting to annoy me.

its just people who care about the wellfare of a club currently playing second best to their rivals and instead of moving forward, falling backwards

So selling the striker who probably wouldn't even have started in the Old Firm game in 5 weeks time is going to determine if Smith is remembered as a 'legend' or not? Who would forgive him for his media ramblings and the Kaunas debacle even if he did win it?

For me, spunking almost £6M on Edu and Lafferty at the start of the season was a bigger gamble.

ScotBear sums it up for me.