Davie Cooper Centre Charity Night

Sapphire

The above event is being held in Saltcoats Town Hall on Saturday 7th February 2009.

The evening starts at 7.30pm where those attending will be entertained by The Thornlie Boys and Saltcoats Protestant Boys Flute Band.

Tickets are priced at £5 and all proceeds are going to the Davie Cooper Centre Charity.

Davie Cooper was the epitome of what is a true Ranger, and it is hoped that those who appreciated his undoubted talent can attend this event to raise some much needed cash for the centre erected in the great man's name.

The event is ticket only and can be secured by contacting myself via PM on here or by e-mailing me at the following website:

http://www.spb-fb.co.uk/ (treasurer@spb-fb.co.uk)

Some info on the centre:

As children we can remember going to the park, exploring and meeting friends. As young adults we also enjoyed recreational and social events. For many with complex needs this is not possible due to the difficulties in accessing suitable facilities. The Davie Cooper Centre will be purpose built to offer stimulation, fun and friendship whether the child or young adult has a learning difficulty, physical disability, behavioural or emotional problems.

We believe that everyone has the right to the freedom they need to develop and realise their true potential and that people, no matter how ‘different’ they are, have the right to know that there are others just the same as them. There is a lack of play facilities where children do not feel excluded because of a disability and an unmet demand for support for the families. We will be in the unique position, due to the land area available, of being able to build a centre which will help fulfill the needs of the growing population of children with disabilities.

From the child in the wheelchair who enviously watches their friends play on the swings to the parents who attends to their child 24 hours a day with little sleep, the need for this centre has been endorsed by the people for whom it will be built. As a physical and emotional sanctuary, we will be a family led centre from which the importance of suitable facilities, trained staff support, family choice, continuity and flexibility of care is paramount.

http://www.thedaviecoopercentre.org/whowearepat.html

Thank you for taking the time to read this - any support for the event will be appreciated. (tu)

Great idea, glad somebody is building on Davie's legacy in this way.

I met him often at Ibrox as a lad when I'd go there to get autographs. He never failed to be extremely polite, patient and fun with all of us hanging around when I'm quite sure he was ready to head home to his family.