Any old Bears ever remember

nvager

Another young winger named MacDonald, Ian, I think who broke into the Rangers team late 50's early 60's. He had the whole world ahead of him until we played Third Lanark at Cathkin Park and a big ugly full back named Jock Brown broke his leg. That was the end of him as a rising star.

My old was saying he was a bright prospect , but as my first appearance as a bear was in 1962 i was to wee to remember him

I took a look at the History spreadsheet which is downloadable from the home page. ( This is a goldmine by the way. Whoever created this has

done a brilliant job. Many thanks)

I looked through the 50's and dont see any McDonald playing.

On a side note, I DID see that my very first game was on 25th January, 1964. The team was :

Ritchie

Shearer

Provan

Greig

McKinnon

Baxter

Henderson

McLean

Miller

Brand

Traill

Scottish Cup, against Duns. We won 9-0 !!

Attendance 17,350....however make that 17,351...as I got a "lift over" !

I remember him as a young baby face player as well as someone mentioned earlier before. I went to my fist game in the early 60's as well....I need to check with my dad I think it was 1962 or 63.

always got l"ifted"over the turnstiles as well & got left ootside the pub witha a packet o crisps and a lemonade......ah those were the days !!! :P

I remember him as a young baby face player as well as someone mentioned earlier before. I went to my fist game in the early 60's as well....I need to check with my dad I think it was 1962 or 63.

always got l"ifted"over the turnstiles as well & got left ootside the pub witha a packet o crisps and a lemonade......ah those were the days !!! :P

I remember my grandfather and another relation went on a pub crawl all the way down Paisley Road and into Glasgow and I got a couple of half crowns and sent to a local cafe for ice cream etc at every pub. By the time we got home to Cathcart they were the worst for wear and got hell from the womenfolk and I had a great day with tons of ice cream, coke and sweets and a ton of cash for me! I think I was about 9 then. Think we beat Dundee too. As you said great days indeed!

There was no Matthews, only Andy Matthew signed from East Fife. Hard working but had toi give way to the immortal Davy Wilson.

From "Rangers, Player byPlayer" (Ferrier and McElroy)

"Iain MacDonald (1969-73)

An outside left in the mould of Willie Johnston and Willie Henderson, Iain showed great talent as a youngster breaking into the teamunder Willie Waddell in 1969-70. A cartilege operation in March 1970 ended that season for him and after a spell with Dundee United injuries forced him to give up the game.

Games 14

Goals 2

Born Edinburgh 26 August 1952"