Kirk Broadfoot

Poetry_In_Blue

Apparently Rangers might be making a summer swoop for the St Mirren defender, who is out of contract at the end of the season. We would still have to pay a fee as he is under 23.

By the way, here's the link if you're interested:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...1182486.0.0.php

Don't know anything about him TBH.

"Meanwhile, Austria Vienna have distanced themselves from speculation linking Filip Sebo and Sasa Papac with a return to their old club." :(

Don't really know much about him myself, but i remember speaking to a St. Mirren fan a while back when they still had Charlie Adam, and he was saying that Broadfoot is widely regarded among Saints fans as being far too good for them. May be making this up as i was fairly wrecked at the time, but i have a feeling he said he was a Rangers fan too - not that that means we should go for him.

Guest orangpendek

we have signed players in the past from smaller scottish clubs who've done well for us. they don't all have to be big names to do a job. a certain a.mccoist springs to mind.

i've been putting this guys name in posts since way back on the bbc board....as a joke, i didn't actually think we'd ever go for him. at least a year and a half away from the 1st team.

Is this kid ANY GOOD?

Anyone?

:unsure:

There is a guy up the back fae ma hoose and beleive it or not his collie dug is quite good way a baw !!!

Da ye think Murray will be sending Waldo and Bain up tae huv a look at him ???????????? :rolleyes:

Is this kid ANY GOOD?

Anyone?

:unsure:

There is a guy up the back fae ma hoose and beleive it or not his collie dug is quite good way a baw !!!

Da ye think Murray will be sending Waldo and Bain up tae huv a look at him ???????????? :rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

We are RANGERS,not Hibs or Aberdeen , jeez our standards are so low!!! it seems that any decent player for the likes of Motherwell,Hibs,Kilmarnock,St Mirren etc is good enough for us

Just because we are Rangers it doesn't mean that we have a divine right to only sign great players. I wish it did but it quite simply doesn't. BTW this is not aimed directly at you R & A, I'm just making a general point (tu)

Slating the guy when most of us have probably never seen him play is a bit pathetic IMO. So what if he plays for St Mirren just now, most good players learn their trade at smaller clubs and then move on to better things. That's generally how football works. If we can get him for free or for a nominal fee then why not? 22 years old, a Scotland B international and has obviously played well at SPL level if we are looking at him.

And anyway just because we sign him it doesn't mean he will be a first team player. Maybe Walter is just looking to sign players who know the SPL as backups incase anything does happen to our first team players. He will certainly be no worse than Papac will he?

Yeah another good post Dado (tu)

Boys like McDonald, Gow and Broadfoot will be brought in as mostly squad players, they wont feature most weeks probably, but when they do you know what you are going to get from them. This squad is poor, Smith is trying to improve and back up every position. I'd rather have proven SPL guys than duds on larger wages like Sebo, Papac, Sionko, Svensson, Letizi, Bernard, Jeffers etc!

We are RANGERS,not Hibs or Aberdeen , jeez our standards are so low!!! it seems that any decent player for the likes of Motherwell,Hibs,Kilmarnock,St Mirren etc is good enough for us

Just because we are Rangers it doesn't mean that we have a divine right to only sign great players. I wish it did but it quite simply doesn't. BTW this is not aimed directly at you R & A, I'm just making a general point (tu)

Slating the guy when most of us have probably never seen him play is a bit pathetic IMO. So what if he plays for St Mirren just now, most good players learn their trade at smaller clubs and then move on to better things. That's generally how football works. If we can get him for free or for a nominal fee then why not? 22 years old, a Scotland B international and has obviously played well at SPL level if we are looking at him.

And anyway just because we sign him it doesn't mean he will be a first team player. Maybe Walter is just looking to sign players who know the SPL as backups incase anything does happen to our first team players. He will certainly be no worse than Papac will he?

I have seen him play, it's not hard to be better than Papac and yeah he might be good , but he's only potential and could be rubbish

why dont we just do what Celtic do and sign proven players!

I have seen him play, it's not hard to be better than Papac and yeah he might be good , but he's only potential and could be rubbish

why dont we just do what Celtic do and sign proven players!

WOOF WOOF !!! WOOF WOOF !!! (GEEZ A GAME)

do what Celtic do and sign proven players!

Because they are paying stupid prices and wages for guys like Jarosik and Gravesen who are complete and utter garbage.