Steven Thompson (ex player)

G.E.C.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Am I right thinking had both teams had the same goal difference there would be a one off game at Hampden to crown the league winners?

No. Before the games we just had to match their score to win* it as in the event of both teams being level on GD the team the team with the most goals scored wins. As they won by four goals, 5-1 would have been sufficient for us. 

*Technically they could have won by the same margin as us with a larger score and won the league;  i.e. they won 5-2 and we won 3-0.

Edit:  I don't know what would have happened if we had won, say, 1-0 and they had won 2-1, leaving us level on GD and GS.  I don't remember talk of a play-off but there might have been. 

Whilst waiting in Southern General A & E with my son after another playground incident! Steven was wheeled in still in training gear and placed in a slightly more private waiting area.

Naturally my son spotted him and wanted an autograph, Steven duly obliged and was very gracious to my son.

We later learned that the injury was a cruciate ligament .

Steven must have known the seriousness of the injury, yet notwithstanding that he took the time to show his Rangers class.

I can imagine many other players sitting contemplating a career threatening injury, would have given short thrift to autograph hunters.

Should never have played for a team like Rangers. Only happened because we we're skint and needed to fire crosses at some cunt. The boy knows this himself. Just one of those players who passes through and fills a gap. No offence big chap if you read this and good on you if your one of the troops but you were never a Rangers centre forward in your life. Just a bit of honesty. Decent Scottish player, aye ok and best of luck.

Might just be that I'm getting older but I'll be fucked if I'm letting a shit decade disguise what a good Rangers player is.