How Did Templeton Play On Saturday?

Good to see a calm reasoned argument, however I'll stand by both my score and rationale. I've had a birds eye view of his performance over the years from my perch 13 rows back,and by and large he has been a let down IMO.

The major giveaway was the fact that we were playing, what I consider to be the worst team in the league, and he should have been ripping them a new one if he is to be a premier player.

I would keep him a sub when trying to unlock tight defences, as he does have good close control.

At the end of the day it's all about opinions, and when the team is getting picked mines doesn't matter.

It is about opinions (tu) I'm sure Temps has flattered to deceive, but I think the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Walsh provided something similar when he played a couple of weeks ago, it was a different kind of winger, he was direct and looked to get to the by-line, I loved to see it, but Temps is the type who'll allow Wallace an overlap, he'll cut in, look to shoot, look to go for a one two with a centreforward, look to release Wallace, look to whip a ball in. His style is similar to Weiss IMO, albeit Weiss was a level or two above him, but Temps offers what Weiss does, it just doesn't happen as often, but when it does, the whole team benefit from having a back 4 on the back foot and space to work with, people can't agree if he had a good or bad game yesterday, regardless of his rating, the whole team played well in attack and Templeton provided a great deal in that set up, wether he was making space for others, turning, driving at the back 4, putting them on the back foot, allowing, law, Murdoch, Shiels time on the ball, or cutting inside, commiting players, making the final ball easier, he was fantastic yesterday IMO, he offers more than just what he does with the ball at his feet. The bigger picture needs to be looked at when we're talking about Temps.

Hope he and the whole team have kept their place for the Hearts game, what a performance.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic