FAO posters who still believe Peter Martin/McGuire

From another message board but it illustrates perfectly the kind of person that this guy is:

Peter McGuire used to be the front man for the "Celtic Road Shows" that promoted the club throughout Scotland and their beloved Oirland. A marketing project instigated by the then Celtic PR director namely Mr Paul Cooney.

Cooney, it is thought, suggested McGuire (I understand was an ex-convener of the Carfin Hibernians CSC) change his name to cover the link. McGuire/Martin held office in said CSC as Treasurer and Secretary.

McGuire/Martin used to be Chairman of a Bhoys Youth club in Newarthill, funded by his "celebrity" pals attending Q and A nights at the AOH club etc. It's quite a big affair, well organised, with 4 or 5 teams going at varying levels. They're called , "The Newarthill Lions", known locally as 'The Lions'. Whilst on the field of play, they're replete in the green 'n' white hoops.

Peter is Mr Objectivity, and that's why Paul Cooney hired him. He's a SAFE pair of hands for the Sellik-minded (Sellik-minded = Roman Catholic bigot, copyright Fergus McCann) that is Radio Snyde.

After the AC Milan v Yahoos match in 2004 McGuire/Martin asked Martin O'Neill about his subs and whether he got them wrong. O'Neill chastised him and asked if he was questioning his judgment. Bitter Martin squealed "Forgive me Martin, I wasn't trying to question you"

The day after the Soti penalty at Tynecastle Bitter Martin openly questioned Andy Davis' intergrity and then fumed "and please, no calls from Rangers fans saying these things even themselves out over the season. They don't. It's a fact that this championship is now tainted with the stench of cheating"

McGuire/Martin is so bitter he told a gers fan on the Snyde open line "Kevin Thompson will not be joining Rangers, So you will just have to deal with it."

McGuire/Martin invited Derek Ogg QC on to Snyde the evening after the away leg of the CL qualifier against CSKA Moscow. He asked the legal eagle "Can you provide our listeners with your court room experience of dealing with head injuries?" Remember Alex Rae had accidently connected with a CSKA player's head the evening before, the free kick awarded to Rangers and Rae was not even spoken to by the referee. Derek Ogg QC obliges with a five minute lecturette on the effects of a blow to the head has on the central nervous system. Bitter Martin then hosted a succession of fellow Yahoo callers calling Rae an animal, a thug, and a corner boy.

A few seasons ago, he brought an 11 year old lad on to SuperscoreboardXtra. The kid was Player of the Year for the amateur team sponsored by Bitter Martin. Lot's of self praise for Bitter, as he explained it was his way of putting something back into the game.

Young John Paul informed the Snyde listenership that he supported ra Sellik and his favourite player was Henrik Somebody.

I hope this gets to you Walter, but I have a feeling you've already got the measure of the twisted creep that is Peter McGuire/Martin anyway. Thank God somebody is prepared to stand up for the club we love after years of Mr. Murray allowing Rangers FC, it's players, officials and supporters to be pilloried incessantly by twisted bigots like Bitter Martin.

That all said, how does he manage to sound overjoyed when Rangers score in Europe? Ditto Helicopter Sunday - he almost cried in joy when McDonald scored.

It doesn't make any sense.

That all said, how does he manage to sound overjoyed when Rangers score in Europe? Ditto Helicopter Sunday - he almost cried in joy when McDonald scored.

It doesn't make any sense.

But listen to him when Celtic score. His voice just goes up about three notes from when the Gers score. Imagine what he would have sounded like if McDonald had done that to us.

And if he did cry that day it certainly wouldn't have been with joy. :cool:

the name change is true Danny, as is the fact he was treasurer of that CSC. I know members of it as I stay in the next village to carfin, my mate used to deliver his papers when he stayed in newarthill (where I live) and it is common knowledge he is a tim.

He does a good job commentating on the gers but its his bread and butter, he is a rabid tim!!!! No denying that at all.