***Official Holland v Scotland thread***

gers20

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even that, we lost a stupid goal right before half time, infact both those first goals could have been avoided, certainly would have been a different game if we went in 1-0 down at halftime

Awful defending for both goals.

The most annoying thing about it is that we are supposed to be good in the air, we are supposed to be defensively sound and strong. Thats what annoys me the most. And as for Ross Mccormack, despite his wonderful delivery for our goal, if your getting knocked off the ball by Robben something is up

really annoying goals in the first half that we gave away, but gotta say that we were robbed by DREADFUL ref decisions again

mcgregor was being impeded at the 2nd goal, ok ill let them have that one, some might agrue there wasnt alot in it

but the scotland goal, how can anyone give that decision is a disgrace

football is a joke, the offside rule etc..............decision like that go wrong too often at the top level and could be EASILY rectified by a 4th official infront of a tv screen

Thought we coped quite well up until they scored, heads went down and we weren't in the game again. Felt a bit sorry for Miller, done great to beat the offside but had no support what so ever for what would have been a simple tap in of he had the chance to square it.

As mentioned before I wait with interest to hear Fifa's response on our perfectly good goal that was chopped off. At 2-1 you never know can happen and this referee, as well as 9 of the players, let us down big time.

Thought we coped quite well up until they scored, heads went down and we weren't in the game again. Felt a bit sorry for Miller, done great to beat the offside but had no support what so ever for what would have been a simple tap in of he had the chance to square it.

As mentioned before I wait with interest to hear Fifa's response on our perfectly good goal that was chopped off. At 2-1 you never know can happen and this referee, as well as 9 of the players, let us down big time.

For the first 20 mins we gave as good as we got, sloppy defending for the the two goals, the first more so.

Miller should have buried that chance, done great to get into the position but he has to get a shot off.

What a terrible decision to rule off the goal, at 2-1 we had every chance of going on to get something out of the game.

All in all it was a decent performance but the better team won.

Absolute shite mind you that Caldwell got his goal chopped off.

Agreed, it was a travesty, especially since they got away with impeding Mac for one of their goals. Different rules for the big fish, I guess.

What I don't understand and never have understood is how a country like Scotland, where football is the main sport which thousands of kids play, fails year after year to produce quality players. We have things like Murray Park and yet can't seem to find anything more than the occasional Hutton.

It's that severe lack in depth that always lets us down.

We have a similar population and climate to Holland as well. And just look at what they can produce.

Aye, pretty embarrassing.