Defender

1980-1986 Dundee United 165 23

1986-1987 Tottenham Hotspur 30 -

1987-1996 Glasgow Rangers 294 + 27 25 + 3

1996-1997 Kansas City Wizz (USA) 17 + 2 0 + 0

1997-1998 Glasgow Rangers 24 ?

1998-1999 San Jose Clash (USA) 19 2

1999-1999 Nottingham Forest (on Loan) 7 0

* Contract Currently held by the Major League Soccer / San Jose Clash STRENGTHS WEAKNESSES

Vast Experience

Keeps himself in excellent shape

At 37, he must be slowing up...

... and injuries are finally taking their toll

BIOSKETCH

The rewards may have soared out of sight, but little else has changed in the day-today existence of Richard Gough. The former Scotland defender still pulls on a blue jersey with pride and a fierce sense of commitment, even if it is for Everton rather than Rangers these days, and still puts his head in where it hurts.

One of most popular and best-loved players in Scottish history, he earned 61 caps for Scotland, including World Cup campaigns in 1986 and 1990 and the European Championships of 1992, scoring six goals. Captain of Glasgow Rangers from 1990 to 1996, he has been a player in 18 Scottish Championship teams, including nine consecutive Scottish Premier Division champions, three Scottish Cup wins and six League Cup wins, many of them under Walter Smith.

Gough was the only Rangers player to win a medal in each of those record nine successive Championships. The distinction marks him out as unique, but he was that sort of leader. An accomplished player, he was an excellent timer of a tackle. He also had a fine touch, which made him a careful distributor of the ball once possession was won, and he was commanding in the air.

I say:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Ferguson_(footballer)

Ferguson won nine Scotland caps, but they were very sporadic and achieved over a period of nine years. Ferguson set the player record for number of Scottish league titles won being part of all of the 'Nine in a Row' successes and the first title win overseen by Dick Advocaat.

Whats everyones opinions?

Minstral says:
RICHARD GOUGH

Defender

1980-1986 Dundee United 165 23

1986-1987 Tottenham Hotspur 30 -

1987-1996 Glasgow Rangers 294 + 27 25 + 3

1996-1997 Kansas City Wizz (USA) 17 + 2 0 + 0

1997-1998 Glasgow Rangers 24 ?

1998-1999 San Jose Clash (USA) 19 2

1999-1999 Nottingham Forest (on Loan) 7 0

* Contract Currently held by the Major League Soccer / San Jose Clash STRENGTHS WEAKNESSES

Vast Experience

Keeps himself in excellent shape

At 37, he must be slowing up...

... and injuries are finally taking their toll

BIOSKETCH

The rewards may have soared out of sight, but little else has changed in the day-today existence of Richard Gough. The former Scotland defender still pulls on a blue jersey with pride and a fierce sense of commitment, even if it is for Everton rather than Rangers these days, and still puts his head in where it hurts.

One of most popular and best-loved players in Scottish history, he earned 61 caps for Scotland, including World Cup campaigns in 1986 and 1990 and the European Championships of 1992, scoring six goals. Captain of Glasgow Rangers from 1990 to 1996, he has been a player in 18 Scottish Championship teams, including nine consecutive Scottish Premier Division champions, three Scottish Cup wins and six League Cup wins, many of them under Walter Smith.

Gough was the only Rangers player to win a medal in each of those record nine successive Championships. The distinction marks him out as unique, but he was that sort of leader. An accomplished player, he was an excellent timer of a tackle. He also had a fine touch, which made him a careful distributor of the ball once possession was won, and he was commanding in the air.

I say:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Ferguson_(footballer)

Ferguson won nine Scotland caps, but they were very sporadic and achieved over a period of nine years. Ferguson set the player record for number of Scottish league titles won being part of all of the 'Nine in a Row' successes and the first title win overseen by Dick Advocaat.

Whats everyones opinions?

It is Gough, he has nine I believe from nine in a row. On loan still I belive in the Ibrox trophy room. I saw them a couple of years ago. They looked very good. :turtle:

Guest RangersAndBalloch
Link

I just had to find out. He has 10. Look at Goughs profile, he has 9.

:)

jeez i never knew he had 10!

ferguson has only got 8 meadls for the nine in a row years fact.

But one from the Advocaat era?

Link

he left in 2000, doesnt that mean..2?

Guest RangersAndBalloch
Link

he left in 2000, doesnt that mean..2?

Not certain mate, I thought it was only the one but could be wrong.

Don't think he played enough games in the second season.

Davie Meiclejohn has 12

Well said, Bazza. If we are looking for the Ger with most League medals, then I think Davie Meiklejohn is the man.

hmm, good call that man (tu)

Not certain mate, I thought it was only the one but could be wrong.

Don't think he played enough games in the second season.

I think he only played 5 or 6 times under Dick in 2000, which isnt enough (9 )