thehost

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

It probably isn't mate, which just makes the slump even more hurtful to think they taking that much money home. 

I've got a feeling people are massively underestimating what Gilks, Hill & Niko are on. Wouldn't be surprised if all three were north of 15k p/w with Barton & Wallace. Christ, if those 5 are nearer 20k thats almost 5m gone already. We're not chucking cash about left and right but MW has definitely had some at his disposal and chose to use it as wages more than to bring players in with fees.

Just now, The Dude said:

I've got a feeling people are massively underestimating what Gilks, Hill & Niko are on. Wouldn't be surprised if all three were north of 15k p/w with Barton & Wallace. Christ, if those 5 are nearer 20k thats almost 5m gone already. We're not chucking cash about left and right but MW has definitely had some at his disposal and chose to use it as wages more than to bring players in with fees.

Agreed, which makes you wonder if he's been blinded by the names instead of sticking to his policy of young hungry players. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Agreed, which makes you wonder if he's been blinded by the names instead of sticking to his policy of young hungry players. 

The guys who came in last summer, and the younger guys from this summer, are supposed to be the 'core' players for the next 2,3,4,5 years. Guys like Barton & Kranjcar are supposed to be that extra wee step up in quality and Hill and Gilks are there as back-up to, ideally, push Foderingham, Wilson and Kiernan on and pass on their experience. Same idea as Miller and guys like McKay etc.

The Barton & Kranjcar signings haven't really worked because Rossiter is probably a bit better than we all thought and closer to regular football than Warburton maybe anticipated, and Niko doesn't really suit our style where he is being played. He'd probably be more suited playing wide left where McKay is and moving McKay to the right (or dropping him)

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The guys who came in last summer, and the younger guys from this summer, are supposed to be the 'core' players for the next 2,3,4,5 years. Guys like Barton & Kranjcar are supposed to be that extra wee step up in quality and Hill and Gilks are there as back-up to, ideally, push Foderingham, Wilson and Kiernan on and pass on their experience. Same idea as Miller and guys like McKay etc.

The Barton & Kranjcar signings haven't really worked because Rossiter is probably a bit better than we all thought and closer to regular football than Warburton maybe anticipated, and Niko doesn't really suit our style where he is being played. He'd probably be more suited playing wide left where McKay is and moving McKay to the right (or dropping him)

One decent CB to help Wilson find his feet, one decent holding midfielder to help the attacking young midfield and one decent forward who will give you a good return on the chances we create. 

Thats all I thought we needed with some squad players to cover injuries and suspensions, I've no idea what plan we had or what we were trying to achieve. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

One decent CB to help Wilson find his feet, one decent holding midfielder to help the attacking young midfield and one decent forward who will give you a good return on the chances we create. 

Thats all I thought we needed with some squad players to cover injuries and suspensions, I've no idea what plan we had or what we were trying to achieve. 

He's trying to fit square pegs into round holes more than anything. Don't put Kranjcar in the middle. He's not got the legs to impact the game from there. Halliday isn't disciplined enough to play CDM. Hill, Senderos and Kiernan are all too similar types of defenders to play together.

And Wallace and McKay need rockets up their arses. I used to enjoy them right infront of me in the first half of games but now it' boring as fuck. :lol: