this is what we need

ZZed

14 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

Correct, there were many games last season proving that celtic weren't exactly what people were making them out to be. Yes it was a great record that they went unbeaten but were they this prolific scoring team up front?

Hearts 1-2 celtic
St. Johnstone 2-2 celtic
Dundee 0-1 celtic
Aberdeen 0-1 celtic
Kilmarnock 0-1 celtic
Motherwell 3-4 celtic
celtic 1-0 Hamilton
celtic 2-1 Dundee
celtic 1-0 Partick Thistle

This is just a sample of many, many games that celtic were very fortunate not to have dropped points in. Yes, one can argue that a good team is consistent, we don't take that away from them, but the way some people are talking about them is as if they win games with ease and are some prolific goal scoring team, really? So why the hell for 90 minutes were they struggling to put more goals past Partick Thistle?

The point being is that sure, Rangers themselves aren't exactly that spectacular and struggling to score more goals, but how is that any different to celtic in most cases? It's not, celtic in most games are the same and I believe strongly that celtic are not going to pick up the same amount of points as last season, I believe they'll drop a lot more. Motherwell have strengthened compared to last season and one may argue Aberdeen etc.

So it's going to be an interesting season, I don't think of celtic as this unstoppable force, in fact I am very confident that our side can beat celtic home AND away. Last season in the games they won 5-1 the midfield and defence were rank rotten, at least now we've got some fighting chance, one that will cause celtic problems, so there's no question, players like Candeias and Dorrans will cause them problems and we may see the best out of Windass down the left against them, plus we have a good option now in John to put out wide left, so I'm fairly confident.

Yes celtic will pose a threat going forward, but why can't we? I'll remain confidentĀ :happy:

They scored 106 goals, so they were prolific.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

They scored 106 goals, so they were prolific.

They made up for it by scoring in high numbers in specific games. The 2 victories they beat us 5-1 which contributes and the 6-0 victory over Kilmarnock. It was in these types of games that yes you could say that, but go and look up their fixtures and you will see the MAJORITY of their games ended by a single goal victory.

Oh and so far this season, I really don't see that being any different, just look at current results despite few. They beat Hearts 4-1 at home and the 5-0 win against Kilmarnock in Betfred Cup, but there they were took them to the 88th minute to find a 2nd goal against Kilmarnock and narrowly won against Partick Thistle. In most games you will see this season celtic will not win convincingly, in fact rather quite the opposite.

So what is my point?

Well I see people on here talking about Rangers lacking up front and if Rangers do win games by a single goal they'll face this criticism. I'm not taking anything away from the fact that in certain games celtic were prolific but in most games not the case, point being is they are beatable, their record only makes them look unstoppable, we'll soon see though when Rangers play them.

6 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

They made up for it by scoring in high numbers in specific games. The 2 victories they beat us 5-1 which contributes and the 6-0 victory over Kilmarnock. It was in these types of games that yes you could say that, but go and look up their fixtures and you will see the MAJORITY of their games ended by a single goal victory.

The won 11 by one goal.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The won 11 by one goal.

Even still the few games they dropped points and some other games showing that they're not that spectacular at the back. As I say though I am not going to take anything away from the other games where they had won convincingly, I mentioned before it's really their defence that could cost them and I don't think they will pick up as many points this season.

I don't think for a minute that they are unbeatable. It's a simple case of the teams they come up against last season were pure and utter dross making them look shit loads better than they were. And I count us in there too.

I reckon they will be shown up for the diddy club they are in the CL group stages. I mean look how poor they were aganst Lithuania on Friday night and they still get a result. :happy:

Ā 

Ā 

40 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

Correct, there were many games last season proving that celtic weren't exactly what people were making them out to be.Ā 
Hearts 1-2 celtic
St. Johnstone 2-2 celtic
Dundee 0-1 celtic
Aberdeen 0-1 celtic
Kilmarnock 0-1 celtic
Motherwell 3-4 celtic
celtic 1-0 Hamilton
celtic 2-1 Dundee
celtic 1-0 Partick Thistle

Ā 

Also remember if Forrester had passed to Dodoo it could have been so different. Also Waghorn heading an absolute sitter past the post late on in another game.

2 hours ago, Tom0411 said:

Also remember if Forrester had passed to Dodoo it could have been so different. Also Waghorn heading an absolute sitter past the post late on in another game.

Sure, there's no denying that as I pointed out that they had consistency and end of the day they won the games and that's all that matters, but in many of those games they were far from anything prolific, so I don't doubt they will drop more points. Point being is that people are claiming celtic have won the league at this stage of the season and for me personally, I don't agree with that because I believe so long as Rangers are in it we have every chance of winning the league title this season.