How Will We Line Up?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Yes, celtic are doing it and they won a treble last year finishing the league season with 106pts.  It's a system that clearly works.

Armstrong is not a defensive midfielder ffs you on glue?

2 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Capture.PNG.44289999e65fee5ec714f0afb03dc11c.PNG

In the absence of a strike partner for Morelos a 4-3-3 is probably our best option.  Windass could do a job as CAM but Dorrans is a much better footballer.

Jack out, Windass to CAM, Dorrans to CM. 

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I never said he was.  Are you on glue?

So who’s the second defensive Midfielder that played for the taigs last season then because the base of their midfield was always Armstrong and brown 

Here's the league table:

Capture.thumb.PNG.ba59d857b57fff5d19b5ebc7187b96ba.PNG

We've only scored 7 goals less than celtic but we've conceded twice as many.  We've been poweder puff in central midfield for years and an extra CDM might help that.  A 4-2-3-1 works for them and it can work for us too.

I'm certain Murphy, Morelos, Dorrans, Candeias, and our attacking full-backs will get us plenty of goals.  It's our defensive frailty that worries me.

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Here's the league table:

Capture.thumb.PNG.ba59d857b57fff5d19b5ebc7187b96ba.PNG

We've only scored 7 goals less than celtic but we've conceded twice as many.  We've been poweder puff in central midfield for years and an extra CDM might help that.  A 4-2-3-1 works for them and it can work for us too.

I'm certain Murphy, Morelos, Dorrans, Candeias, and our attacking full-backs will get us plenty of goals.  It's our defensive frailty that worries me.

Or it could stifle us creatively and we could score less goals as a result..

Just now, Siwel said:

Or it could stifle us creatively and we could score less goals as a result..

So you want a return to a Warburton style 4-3-3 with two attacking CAM?  That didn't work out well for us the last time.  

We have the players to use the same 4-2-3-1 system that's currently being used by celtic.  An extra CDM might help us win more midfield battles and offer the defense a bit more protection.  We have more than enough going forward.

Ultimately it's Murty's decision and it'll be interesting to see which way he goes.

So you want a return to a Warburton style 4-3-3 with two attacking CAM?  That didn't work out well for us the last time.  

We have the players to use the same 4-2-3-1 system that's currently being used by celtic.  An extra CDM might help us win more midfield battles and offer the defense a bit more protection.  We have more than enough going forward.

Ultimately it's Murty's decision and it'll be interesting to see which way he goes.

No I want a 4231 with a sitting midfielder and someone who can pass the ball forward like Dorrans or a similar type (maybe Docherty) 

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

No I want a 4231 with a sitting midfielder and someone who can pass the ball forward like Dorrans or a similar type (maybe Docherty) 

Dorrans and Jack next to each other never really clicked before as a partnership.  Maybe that'll be different when he finally comes back in to the team.

Dorrans and Jack next to each other never really clicked before as a partnership.  Maybe that'll be different when he finally comes back in to the team.

Don’t want Jack starting should be Dorrans and Mccrorie because he’s a more aggressive defender than Jack

8 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Going by what Murty has been saying, Goss will be a starter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42590038

It looks like an issue has been identified and he has been bought in to address it.