Craig Halkett

27 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

That's pretty daft tbh mate. Quality should be the primary concern, not whether a its fee or even loanee status. 

You don't know what current or future budgets, salaries, loan fees etc are so not sure how you can even consider someone's price tag or cost to be relevant.

And if SG decided he wanted to blow all his budget on CHs next season would you oppose the signing as not dirt cheap? Of course not.

Our primary concern for now should be affordable quality. If some of them are free transfers from Scottish clubs then so be it. But I don't think I'd want too many players from the domestic market. I say this as someone who has absolutely no idea if Hallett is good enough for us. 

I vehemently disagree that price tags may be irrelevant to us anytime soon. Only the like of Man City and PSG view price tags as unimportant. We will be limiting our expenditure for the foreseeable future even if we get a billionaire investor. IF a quality free transfer is available then we should snap him up, the only issue is if Hallett is quality enough.

10 hours ago, teuchterblue said:

Our primary concern for now should be affordable quality. If some of them are free transfers from Scottish clubs then so be it. But I don't think I'd want too many players from the domestic market. I say this as someone who has absolutely no idea if Hallett is good enough for us. 

I vehemently disagree that price tags may be irrelevant to us anytime soon. Only the like of Man City and PSG view price tags as unimportant. We will be limiting our expenditure for the foreseeable future even if we get a billionaire investor. IF a quality free transfer is available then we should snap him up, the only issue is if Hallett is quality enough.

Price tags are relevant as long as they provide value for money and are within the budget SF and MA are working to. That could be 0 or 10m, we don't know.

But whilst there's an element of strategy about signing a squad type player ie McAuley as back up those types should be few and far between for the first team squad.

You're "not too fussed if one of them is of limited ability but dirt cheap". That's a whole different ridiculous argument where the cost is more important than ability. It's nonsense at Rangers for a new signing, the cost has to fit into the budget but limited ability can't fit into any Rangers recruitment model.

Domestic or not, free transfer or not, permanent signing or not, fuck signing anyone that's not far better than limited.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Price tags are relevant as long as they provide value for money and are within the budget SF and MA are working to. That could be 0 or 10m, we don't know.

But whilst there's an element of strategy about signing a squad type player ie McAuley as back up those types should be few and far between for the first team squad.

You're "not too fussed if one of them is of limited ability but dirt cheap". That's a whole different ridiculous argument where the cost is more important than ability. It's nonsense at Rangers for a new signing, the cost has to fit into the budget but limited ability can't fit into any Rangers recruitment model.

Domestic or not, free transfer or not, permanent signing or not, fuck signing anyone that's not far better than limited.

Re Your claim about limited ability. So Lafferty and Arfield are bad signings? Both are limited as fuck but come with the benefit of being pretty cheap. They are good team/squad options. If bargains are out there we need to take a chance on some of them. Let's face it, neither of us have a freaking clue the full potential Halkett can reach.

55 minutes ago, teuchterblue said:

Re Your claim about limited ability. So Lafferty and Arfield are bad signings? Both are limited as fuck but come with the benefit of being pretty cheap. They are good team/squad options. If bargains are out there we need to take a chance on some of them. Let's face it, neither of us have a freaking clue the full potential Halkett can reach.

So you're now comparing abilities of national team players including an international captain, 80 odd caps between them, EPL and European  experience to that of a nobody from Scottish football? Similarly limited are they? Give over ffs. 

Not one player at the club is the full package, complete article. But to suggest we've went and got them as they're limited but cheap? Fuck off.

I don't have a fucking clue about Halkett. I've said I've hardly seen him play. But I hope to fuck the likes of Mark Allan are looking at aspects such as ability, winning mentality, attitude, desire, etc rather than whether he's in a bargain basement bin first and foremost.