No More Exotic Winter Break Trips To Exclusive Foreign Seaside Resorts.

tannerall

9 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Those players probably didn't want to run the sands but fuck sake they wanted to let Jock down less. And not out of fear either, out of respect for the man.

I feel like the players might still see Gerrard the player rather than Gerrard the manager tbh, certainly the younger less experienced ones anyway. Doubt Shagger or Davis are in awe of Gerrard the way someone like Aribo or Ryan Jack would have been.

Maybe that's what is wrong, Gerrard might be treating them as team mates, and seeing himself as the captain, rather than stepping back a bit and treating them as a manager.

Can understand Gerrard still wanting to be part of a playing team, especially at training, but he might be better distancing himself a little from constant involvement at training and concentrating on the management side. 

Its very noticeable McAllister is the one who stands back and does not seem over involved, perhaps Gerrard need to do the same.

One question keeps coming back to me  though, and that is the question of what McAllister offers to the set up, after all we seem to have an abundance of other coaches and advisors Gerrard can use, yet McAllister seems to not be as involved, even distant, reminds me of McCoist.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived