Kenny says he was forced out by Celtic by Lawwell

Boab

Kenny Miller has claimed he was forced out of Celtic by chief executive Peter Lawwell.

The striker, 27, joined Derby County in a £2.3million deal on transfer deadline day.

The Scotland international told the News of the World that Lawwell told him he would be fifth choice striker at Celtic, would not feature in any of their Champions League games and that he was a 'Derby County-standard player.'

"I do feel the way Peter handled things towards the end of my time at Celtic was out of order," said Miller.

"He said things, perhaps to scare me into moving, which didn't have to be said.

"Some of them were quite insulting. I just feel there was no need to go down that road and he could have handled things in a different way.

"He didn't have to get personal, he didn't have to throw the toys out of the pram because he wasn't getting his own way.

"At the end of the day, it could have been sorted out in a much more amicable manner.

"Instead he tried to make my decision for me and force me out because it suited him."

Other quotes were '' I had actually were decided to stay and fight for my place at Celtic, despite everything else that was going on, because I knew that I could have scored goals in this new-look team.

I'm the first to admit I didn't score enough goals last season, partly because I never really had settled run with the same striking partner, partly because we didn't get the ball forward enough, and partly because my finishing wasn't clinical enough''

Quite the shock, somebody speaking out against Lawwell, but I still think Kenny's rubbish

I don't get why Miller's annoyed. If he's good enough for Derby, then doesn't that mean he's too good for Celtic?

I think it was a compliment.

I think he was forced and the strap on is raging that miller is suggesting that he ain't in control and lawell is cause that was this suggests , he is a smug bassa and won't be smiling for long