Carlos Bocanegra

He's been released by Fulham (that doesn't mean he isn't good enough for us so don't even say it :rolleyes:) so would be available for nothing.

It's also rumoured that he is on as little as 8k a week so he wouldn't dent our wage structure in the slightest.

He's comfortable at CB, LB and I'm 99% sure that I have seen him playing in midfield before.

He's played over 100 times in the Premier League, 53 times for America and is the captain too.

With suce uncertanty surronding Cuellar, Weir, Dailly and even S Smith we are going to need bodies brought in, and it's not often you can pick up an internation captain, with that level of versatlity for nothing.

I really rate Bocanegra. He's a far better player than Shittu imo.

Any chance you got that mixed up? <cr>

Just wondering, thought it sounded a bit strange.... maybe just me saying it wrong in my head though :craphead:

remember shittu leaving the ball and causing watford to lose a goal v spurs?

the one robinson scored. clear as day he should have stuck the heed on it.

ill pass on both

I'll reiterate my post from earlier:

Some have already suggested former Fulham captain and current U.S. international captain Carlos Bocanegra. He plays center back and left back, and is a dynamite threat on set pieces. Possible replacement for Weir, and he has World Cup experience.

On the other hand his distribution out of the back is very average, and he doesn't really have the pace to play left back any longer in an attacking sense.

To be honest I don't know if Boca is a great fit for Rangers, he's excellent in the air, but I wonder if Walter won't go for a center half with more pace to complement Cuellar. Although he's definitely an improvement on David Weir's pace, he doesn't have Weir's keen tactical intuition. He has played very soundly for the U.S. of late, but he prone to the odd yellow card, and tends to be overly physical at times.

Let me add: I think he would be excellent in the SPL, but nothing but average cover in Europe. His tactical sense and positioning is just not very sound at times.

Hes a bit on the small side compared to Shittu. Plus his timing is questionable lol, see this

After watching that, Can you imagin, Rangers v Celtic, Boca goes through McDonald like that.

The SPL Refs would give a Straight red, and the SFA would give him another at least 6 match ban.

He only got booked for that :mutley:

He's been released by Fulham(that doesn't mean he isn't good enough for us so don't even say it :rolleyes:) so would be available for nothing.

It's also rumoured that he is on as little as 8k a week so he wouldn't dent our wage structure in the slightest.

He's comfortable at CB, LB and I'm 99% sure that I have seen him playing in midfield before.

He's played over 100 times in the Premier League, 53 times for America and is the captain too.

With suce uncertanty surronding Cuellar, Weir, Dailly and even S Smith we are going to need bodies brought in, and it's not often you can pick up an internation captain, with that level of versatlity for nothing.

If he's not good enough for Fulham then he isnt good enough for Ran........Oops nearly said it there. :harhar:

Tbh I'd probs sign him as cover, but I'd prefer a player of better quality to come in. His Fulham teammate Aaron Hughes for example is imo a better defender than Bocanegra, and besides we already have one king Carlos. :rangers:

Get him signed with tackles like that there would be no Celtic players left. And Diamond would be in hospital suffering from a broken leg

He'd have more than just a broken leg if I had my way!

:2g:

He'd have 2 broken legs! :craphead:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, now that Fulham released him it might not be a bad pickup but as an American I will never forgive him for the horrendous showing in the 2006 World Cup. Of course, the whole team sucked but I think with the right cast around him he might do well. Plus, he and DaMarcus are good buds which might help out the situation.