DMB update

Boab

Beasley Continues Summer of Football

DAMARCUS Beasley continued his summer of football yesterday as the USA kicked off their World Cup qualifying campaign with a resounding 8-0 win over Barbados.

The former PSV winger played 90 minutes on Sunday at the Home Depot Centre in California as they completed a convincing victory in the first part of a double header against their island neighbours.

Beasley will hope to feature in the return match on the Caribbean island on June 22 as he continues his return to full fitness after missing nearly six months of last season with a knee injury suffered against Stuttgart.

And he now feels he is getting closer to full fitness after playing his part in the US build up with friendly games against England, Spain and Argentina.

He said: "My knee is probably 80 to 85 per cent now. My quickness is my biggest attribute though and I need to get that back.

"It has been a long time, but I feel confident that I'm back. I'm excited and I'm just enjoying every day being out here with the boys from the national team now. This is what I love to do.

"It's good to have this schedule at this type of level over the summer. I'll be fresh for pre-season and then looking to win the SPL title."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1322855,00.html

good on the lad!! Anyone know when the next US game is? wouldnt mind catching it just to see with my own eyes how hes getting on

good on the lad!! Anyone know when the next US game is? wouldnt mind catching it just to see with my own eyes how hes getting on

away leg at Barbados 06/22/2008 3:00 PM ET.... I think that's 8:00 pm GMT.... might be hard to find a stream for it but it is on Galavision and ESPN classic in the states you there might be one

It's good news to hear DMB is playing for 90mins and he should be fully fit for pre-season - we missed his pace last season and he always wins free kicks round and about the box. (BBC3 just showed DMB doing a pee on the gaffs galore there lol).

Beasley started at Left Midfield, but actually spent most of the time playing in central midfield as an orchestrator. Barbados were playing 6 and 7 across the back at times, but they are minor minnows. Our U-23 team could have beaten them easily.

I'm also looking forward to seeing DMB once again next season. He really didn't impress me too much last season but I know he did score a couple of important goals due to his pace. I seem to be willing to give alot of players a fresh start in my eyes lol. Hope I start to like him and start to see why so many people cream themselves.