Players new contracts

reddrock

Guys while its great to see Minty offering shagger a new contract , we all know all ready players suit themselves and uproot as and when they please .

My concern now is if Man Utd dont stand firm as they have indicated (on the Ronaldo affair) they will where does that leave all other clubs who may not have the financial clout to stand up to other clubs openly tapping there players .

Lets face unless clubs are prepared to stand and see players stick to there contracts ( unless both parties agree to the move) this situation will not improve for any club . lets face it it would give the Barcas , madrids and The EPL big 4 an open playing field to go above and beyond the things all ready done to pull away players from any club .

I would love to think and hope that king carlos , shagger and the like will be with us for seasons to come but being realistic what are the chances , due to lack of TV rights money and prize money ( lets face it Pompey made the same if not more than us from There epl finish and fa cup run !!!) I worry about any good player we develop or capture .

You never know though MHILLER might score a goal a game for ten games and we could make a huge profit quickly lol

Thoughts guys

Rangers have done similar to other clubs over the years, it's just playing with the bigger boys means they sometimes buy your best players. i'd rather have players that want to be here over players being kept here when they don;t want to.

Guys while its great to see Minty offering shagger a new contract , we all know all ready players suit themselves and uproot as and when they please .

My concern now is if Man Utd dont stand firm as they have indicated (on the Ronaldo affair) they will where does that leave all other clubs who may not have the financial clout to stand up to other clubs openly tapping there players .

Lets face unless clubs are prepared to stand and see players stick to there contracts ( unless both parties agree to the move) this situation will not improve for any club . lets face it it would give the Barcas , madrids and The EPL big 4 an open playing field to go above and beyond the things all ready done to pull away players from any club .

I would love to think and hope that king carlos , shagger and the like will be with us for seasons to come but being realistic what are the chances , due to lack of TV rights money and prize money ( lets face it Pompey made the same if not more than us from There epl finish and fa cup run !!!) I worry about any good player we develop or capture .

You never know though MHILLER might score a goal a game for ten games and we could make a huge profit quickly lol

Thoughts guys

I feel the same way mate (tu) There is no sense of security with our players , 3 - 4 year contracts mean nothing if a smaller club with more money from the EPL is willing to spend so many millions on a player , we simply cannot compete with the EPL in this money driven sport we call football.

I believe Ronaldo will go to Real Madrid because he said that he wants to go there and the money being offered (allegedly) 75 million even the great united cant turn down funny money

like this. Plus united have already redone the Ronaldo contract and I dont think that they are

about to give him more money again. Unlike Rangers this would be the first time the McGregor

contract would have been redone to get him to stay at the club . The thing that clubs have to guard against is having an unhappy player on the books . Back on the Ronaldo deal Man u have stolen a few players from other clubs in there day so I don't see the problem . :shifty:

I understand what your saying but i dont agree with it!

The issues with Manyoo, Ronaldo and SAF wont affect anything.

SAF takes no shyte. Look at what happend with Beckham. He wanted to leave, SAF packed his bags for him. He doesnt want a guy who doesnt want to be at one of the biggest clubs in the world! It will only affect morale.

Every player has a price no matter how good they are. Hutton, although a great player and one i would love back at the Bears, was good business. £9 million for a right back is stupid to turn down.

Obviously i would cry like a baby if we sold King Carlos or McShagger or even Boyd but i would rather have 11 die hard blue nose players than a team of guys using us as a stepping stone!

It will be interesting to see what happens. SAF is no mug and what will he do. Ronaldo may end up[playing reserve football for a while.

Contradicting yourself there , saying he's no mug but he'll play the best player in the world in his reserves, can't see it happening to be honest.

If we sign a player and he gives us three or four years of good service and contributes to our success on the pitch before deciding that he wants to move on and play in England then I'm fine with that because Rangers have been successful, we will probably make a profit on the player and he gets the chance to furthur his career.

We can't compete with other teams financially, so we have to find a strategy that allows us to be successful and still make enough money to ensure we are successful on the pitch, and generating enough money to be successful off of it.