Walter on the game, all the different injuries, players missing

Boab

Off And Running

From Andrew Dickson at the Preussen Stadion

WALTER SMITH declared himself satisfied with Rangers' first performance of the summer after their 1-0 win over SC Preussen Munster.

Charlie Adam's first-half penalty was enough to separate the sides in north-west Germany this afternoon.

Gers could have won by more and created several decent openings as they grew stronger after the break.

But although they couldn't add to their lead, manager Smith gave his men pass marks as they began their pre-season campaign with a victory.

He took particular pleasure from the performance Kenny Miller turned in. The best player on the park, he was unlucky not to score on a number of occasions.

Smith said: "It's really about the performance at this stage, although you always want to win the game as well.

"The first half was fairly even but we had the majority of possession in the second and created a number of opportunities that we never took.

"With that said, Kenny did well for the team and had two or three really good chances that he might have converted.

"He hit the post just after the break and, all in all, played very well in his first outing for the side.

"We are happy enough with the outcome of the game and although we picked up one or two injuries, I would hope they're not serious."

The injuries Smith refers to were suffered by goalscorer Adam and DaMarcus Beasley in the closing stages of the match.

Kyle Lafferty and Carlos Cuellar also sat out the trip to Munster with knocks but neither is seriously hurt.

Smith added: "DaMarcus looks as though he has a bit of hamstring trouble and we're disappointed that has happened.

"Charlie also went over his ankle but he is okay and that should clear up without too many problems.

"Kyle hurt his back in training this morning and had spasms so he was left out. I don't know if he'll be fit for Wednesday's game at Sportfreunde Lotte or not.

"Carlos has a little bit of a calf problem. It is tight but nothing more than that so we are taking precautions with him too.

"If he ends up missing Wednesday's match, I think he will be okay for Saturday's meeting with Schalke."

Smith will ring the changes in midweek and those who did not take part today and are fit will feature then.

That means the likes of Kris Boyd, Kirk Broadfoot and Daniel Cousin can all be expected to start the match.

Smith said: "We're not playing with a settled team at the moment. We're effectively coming to the end of our pre-season training now.

"When we play on Wednesday, it will be just short of three weeks since we returned to Murray Park and now our focus is on our games so we'll mix things up a bit."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1343366,00.html

walter talks up his bum boy millar.

I am all for giving people a chance, however, I and others will not be patronised by Herr Walther and his establishment to continually focus on, laud and market Millar. It is what one would expect in the communist era or a totalitarian state where we are told to concur and abide by what the rulers say. This is starting to get embarrassing and makes "the management" look foolish and as if they really know the guy is not up to the mark, yet, they want us and them to think the opposite.

Everyone will be judged on results, but, least the judgement show be fair, impartial and consistent for all. I wait for all the other plays to be "talked up" as well ?