start of the season

Gaitens08

I am very uncomfortable. If Murry and Smith don't get a quality midfielder and a young solid central defender i will be even more worried, and that's before these injurys crept up.

This is the season Smith has to realy prove himself and we MUST win the league or i can see the ratcatchers getting very close to 10 in a row.

Very worried.

Injuries, 1st team not improved, lack of quality, positions that gave us problems last season not strengthened, Ferguson out....

While there are some concerns with the standard of players at our disposal, and the lack of quality of those being mentioned by the mhedia as potential targets, I don't think we should read too much into what happens in pre-season games. It's all about getting fitness and trying out a few different formations. Once the season starts, I'm sure that the 11 players on the pitch won't let the jersey down.

Last season was always going to be one of consolidation, get us back competing, which I'm sure we all agree happened. Now though is the time to move that step further and bring back the SPL title to Ibrox, play with freedom, flowing fast paced football, entertain the fans and win while playing with a big smile on our faces, while all the time shoving two fingers up at the press and at the manky mob across the city.